City of Durham, NC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Durham, NC
Pay: $11 to $15.46/hour
$11 - $15.46
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 2522074
Overall Job Objective
- Position Description
Hourly Rate of Pay: $11.00 hr
Work Location: Varies
Work Days/Hours: Various shifts Monday - Sunday with evenings/weekends required
An employee in this class upholds the high standards of the American Red Cross Safety Program. The job includes swimming instructions, first aid, CPR, pool and bathhouse maintenance, discipline, and related jobs which are beneficial to the pool and swimming program. This employee is responsible to the Aquatic Program Coordinator and carries out policies of the Recreation Department.
- Observes pool area with strict safety measure.
- Disciplines all patrons who violate pool safety rules.
- Teaches swimming classes organized by the Recreation Department.
- Aids in reorganizing swimming team(s) and carries out swimming meets.
- Treats minor injuries with basic first aid.
- Assists in the pool and bathhouse maintenance assigned by the Pool Manager.
- Encourages participants to take part in the Water Safety Program.
- Assists in maintaining a high water quality.
- Performs related task as required.
- Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- At least sixteen (16) years of age.
- Maintain valid American Red Cross Certificates: Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED or by another national recognized agency whose certification is valid at all pool facilities.
- Applicant must successfully complete skills checkout according to American Red Cross Standards.
- Additional Preferred Skills
- Working knowledge of American Red Cross Lifeguard standards and regulations.
- Ability to supervise any swimming instructional program.
- Ability to perform CPR/Community First Aid and Safety.
- Ability to effectively communicate pool regulations and standards.
- Working knowledge of swimming pool filter operation.