City of Durham, NC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Master Program Specialist - Care Programs (After School)
at City of Durham, NC
- Position Description
We do fun at Durham Parks and Recreation. Our nationally accredited department helps residents discover, explore and enjoy life through creative and challenging recreation that improves their physical, emotional and social health. Our passionate, qualified, energetic, and committed staff bring a wide range of skills, trades and professional interests to this work. If you have a positive attitude, excellent communication skills, strong work ethic and a passion for customer service, come join in the fun!
Rate of Pay: $15.00
Location: Various sites
Work Days/Hours: Monday - Friday between 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
15 hours per week (evening/weekends)
Assignment Ends: June 19, 2020
The purpose of this position is to help coordinate a specialized city-wide recreation program targeting school-age youth through the supervision and guidance of full-time and part-time staff and volunteers. This is accomplished by helping to plan, organize, and coordinate comprehensive recreational programs, specifically programming for out-of-school time including after-school, summer camp, intersession, and fun days. Work is performed under the general supervision of the recreation supervisor (care program coordinator).
- Assist in the enhancement of existing programs.
- Development and implement new programs to align with current programming trends and the department's Recreation Program Plan.
- Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Two or more years experience in elementary education, child development, recreation administration, physical education, early childhood or a related field or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- 900 hours or more verified experience working in a licensed childcare program or 1350 or more hours working in an unlicensed childcare program.
- Valid North Carolina Class "C" Driver's License or must obtain within 60 days of hire.
- Additional Preferred Skills
- Childcare Credentials I and II and 6 semester hours coursework in school age care or post high school training in elementary education, recreation or other related field.
- Experience with developing and maintaining a licensed after school and/or summer camp program through the North Carolina Division of Child Development and Early Education.
- Completion of North Carolina Early Childhood Administration Credential Level III or willingness to obtain Level III within 1 year or its equivalent.