City of Durham, NC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SCHOOL CROSSING GUARD
at City of Durham, NC
- Position Description
Work, Serve, Thrive. With the City of Durham
Advance in your career while making a real difference in the community you serve.
Our internationally accredited Durham Police Department is dedicated to hiring and training officers and staff who represent the best the law enforcement profession has to offer. We are a progressive agency committed to reducing crime by providing the best quality service. We work to foster public confidence and maintain the highest standards of excellence as a community partner for positive change. If you're interested in delivering superior emergency response services and working collaboratively to serve our community, join our team in Durham!
Hiring Range: $12.30 per hour
Work Days/Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:00a.m. - 8:00a.m. and 2:45p.m. - 3:45p.m.
To provide school children with safe movement to and from school at intersections of public roadways nearest the school to which the Guard is assigned; there are no traffic control duties associated with this position. Where possible, the school crossing guard will be assigned to a location within walking distance of the guard's home.
- Practical knowledge of street traffic in school zones.
- Ability to read English sufficiently to understand written instructions and other documents related to the specific assignment.
- Experience communicating and working with children.
- Serious commitment to reporting to the crossing guard's post on every school day, before and after school hours.
- Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- 18 years of age or older.
- Any combination of experience and training that would provide the required knowledge and skills.