Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
at Clinipace Worldwide
Clinipace is a global full-service clinical research organization (CRO) serving the unique needs of venture-backed, mid-tier and strategic pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device firms. We help our customers advance drug candidates to deliver successful stakeholder and patient outcomes. We leverage extensive therapeutic knowledge, clinical trial expertise, and comprehensive innovative technology to support life science firms in achieving some of their most important goals: Executing regulatory strategies, optimizing clinical development timelines and completing high quality trials. We are proud to have a culture that is vibrant, supportive, performance-driven, and passionate while focusing on continual learning and development. Clinipace associates are passionate about their lives and bring that same passion to their work at Clinipace.
United States | North Carolina (Morrisville)
Job Title: Senior Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
Job Location: Morrisville, NC
The Sr. Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) will report to the Chief Financial Officer and provide analytical and modeling support to leadership to encourage data driven decision making. The Sr. Manager, FP&A will lead the forecasting process and the reporting of performance against it in a timely manner to drive financial accountability across departments and regions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the annual financial budgeting process with business partners across departments and regions
- Drive financial accountability through monthly reporting and analysis relative to performance against budgets
- Direct the development of enhanced management reports/dashboards in Power BI to allow for better insights and more informed decision making
- Develop and maintain a monthly P&L forecasting process that allows leadership to understand where the business is headed and where potential improvements are needed
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities
- Manage and develop the FP&A team to become strategically focused on driving results
- Maintain an environment of personal accountability that encourages ownership of issues and excellence in service
- Prepare financial presentations for board meetings, executive and leadership team meetings, company town halls, and other ad hoc requests
- Support the month end close process by collaborating with accounting to ensure accurate financial results
Provide work direction and oversight to Operations Finance Analyst staff (directly/indirectly).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 7-10 years of progressive experience in financial planning & analysis
- Ability to think analytically and critically to complete assigned tasks
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- Ability to drive and impact change across the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Ability to communicate financial information in a meaningful way to colleagues outside of Finance
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Strong software skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI, SAP, Host)
- Demonstrate ability to build accounting function consistent with company growth: Able to cross-train finance associates to assure smooth financial operations and design plans for future growth. Able to develop appropriate financial processes and procedures.
- Advance skills in using Excel intermediate skills in using PowerPoint: Demonstrates prior experience in designing budgets, spreadsheets etc. using Excel and presentations using PowerPoint, as appropriate.
- Ability to travel 10%
The company does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party vendors.