Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2020 Risk Analyst Summer Internship Program in Raleigh
at Credit Suisse
The Risk Function's purpose is todrive strategic and sustainable returns on risk that reflect the Risk Appetiteof the bank.
- Monitor and Challenge known risks while also illuminatingunknown risks.
- Allow pre-emptive and dynamic management ofrisks by better connecting the dots and being forward-looking and externallyaware.
- Drive and apply advanced capabilities to makerisks transparent and serve as a complementary and insightful partner to thebusiness.
- Support the firm strategy by ensuring thatrisk-based returns are appropriate.
- Be known for a dynamic, engaged andcollaborative culture.
- Drive the continuous enhancement and efficiencyimprovement of risk-related systems and infrastructure.
We are continuously strengtheningthe risk function by attracting, developing and retaining top talents andfostering continuous learning throughout the organization. You will learn howto hone your skills and apply them in a dynamic, risk oriented environment aspart of a project team or by contributing to one of our many risk functions.
Training &Program Description
Shape your and the RiskFunction's future by applying to the Graduate Program at Credit Suisse
You will attend a one day companyorientation followed by two days of training and then start work in your groupfor the summer, receiving further training while on the job. Your learningexperience will continue through the summer speaker series, where you'll hearfrom senior management across the divisions. To help you determine yourstrengths and plan your career, Summer Analysts are matched with mentors withinRisk, who provide advice and guidance throughout the summer. You will alsoparticipate in networking events and firm-wide events that will help ensurethat you are exposed to all the areas within the bank and understand the bigpicture of a global investment bank. You will be tasked with an end of summerpresentation for senior management to help expand your knowledge and developpresentation skills. The summer is structured to have a balance of work, socialand philanthropy events as well as networking opportunities.
Our SummerAnalyst Program: What We Offer
- Train in a comprehensive, ten week program
- Develop specialist knowledge while enjoying a risk and firm-wide perspective
- Learn how to deliver reliable and transparent information to our stakeholders and how to optimize the use of risk resources
- Learn from the experience of our highly regarded in-house professionals who apply industry knowledge to our Credit Suisse environment
- Network and form relationships across a global organization
To apply for this summer analystrole, you are between your junior and senior years at a four-year college oruniversity (graduating in December 2020 or May/June 2021). Credit Suisse isnoted for the diversity of its employees, but seeks candidates with a commonset of abilities - highly motivated and creative individuals who have provenacademic achievement, and have the ability to work independently and as amember of a team. We'll be looking at your potential, your ability, youracademic background and your extra-curricular activities. We're looking tobuild future leaders who add fresh perspectives to our business.
At Credit Suisse, we are lookingfor candidates who can grow and evolve to be the future leaders of our firm.
Whatever yourbackground, you should exhibit the following:
- Passionateabout learning more about risk measurement and management
- Youare client-focused and committed to developing creative solutions
- Acritical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
- Aself-starter who is able to envision long-term goals and ways to attain them
- Areciprocal team member who builds excellent relationships
- Anarticulate communicator who also recognizes the importance of listening
- Analyticaland logical, with raw intellectual ability
- Forsome roles, prior knowledge of VBA, SQL, R, or Python would be a significantasset
- Strivingfor a career in banking and risk management
- Priorinternships in financial services would be a plus
Credit SuisseFirm Overview
Credit Suisse is a leading wealthmanager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich,Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries andemploy more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodyingentrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions toour clients, including creative products and specially tailored advice. Strivingfor quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinaryperformance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and developmentopportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to bring valuefor our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives usa competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local lawsprohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which itmaintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements,Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering foremployment qualified individuals with criminal histories.