Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Credit Risk Management, Hedge Funds Analyst #152784
at Credit Suisse
A department which values Diversity andInclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambitionwhich is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
Credit Suisse's Credit Risk Management(CRM) team in North America partners with key business partners throughout theBank to meet business demands and an evolving regulatory environment in the US.CS is seeking an Analyst or AVP-level person to join the Hedge Funds CRM team.The primary function of this role will be preparing written credit risk reviewsfor Credit Suisse's hedge fund counterparties.
- Manage client duediligence calls and perform fundamental counterparty credit risk analysis ofhedge fund clients, assigning internal credit ratings and trading limits.
- Counterparty duediligence entails both quantitative and qualitative aspects, including anassessment of investment strategy, risk controls/infrastructure, managementqualifications, portfolio breakdown, demonstrate, liquidity, fund performance,etc.
- Prepare and presentanalyses in written format with appropriate recommendations and justificationsand in compliance with internal underwriting standards, policies, andprocedures.
- Conduct ongoingmonitoring of exposures, limit exceptions, and counterparty developments andrecommend appropriate actions as necessary.
- Liaise with legaldepartment and front office with active participation in client negotiations ofcredit terms in legal documentation (e.g. ISDA/CSA) governing trading activityto ensure identified risks are appropriately addressed.
- Approval/analysis oflive transactions in the context of existing exposures/limits and withappropriate risk mitigation.
- Coordinate withvarious internal departments to ensure that exposures are accurately reflectedin risk systems.
- Possess 3 years ofrelevant experience.
- Undergraduate or postgraduate level degree (preferably Finance, Economics, Business, Accounting).
- Hardworking,results-oriented and inquisitive with outstanding time management skills andthe ability to multi-task.
- Outstanding writtenand verbal communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Possess financialanalysis skills, knowledge of hedge funds/strategies and the risks associatedwith lending to hedge funds, and familiarity with derivative financialinstruments and structured products is a plus!
- Understands the valueof diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusiveculture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgroundsreceive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full,authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in yourapplication.