Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Financial Analyst #138657
at Credit Suisse
ProductControllers/Financial Analysts are the Financial Guardians of the Bank's sales and tradingactivities. We fulfill this role by:
- Ensuring complete, accurate and timely P&L, Balance Sheets and analysis.
- The independent validation of the value of our trading portfolios.
- Working with the businesses and the new business product groups to evaluate & integrate new products and businesses into our financial environment in a controlled manner.
- Provisioning of reliable and significant financial information to the business managers, external business partners and other relevant internal constituents
Individualsare responsible for the analysis and advisory aspects of Product Control'sprimary role which is the financial guardianship of the Bank's sales andtrading activities, advising and independently challenging key businesspartners on accounting and valuation matters impacting the financialstatements, including daily profit & loss and balance sheet movements. Theyare also responsible for development and improvement of strategic systems andimplementation and continuous improvement at a local level in terms of processand EUCs.
ThisProduct Controller role is supporting the Structured Products Group Americasand overseeing a handful of portfolios in the EMEA Structured Productsdivision. Portfolios in both divisions trade in derivatives, loans and cashsecurities. Hedging products include: Interest Rate Derivatives, Cross CurrencySwaps, Swaptions, and Total Return Swaps.
- Monthly inventory reconciliation.
- Consolidation of daily/weekly/monthly reports which include P&L analysis, trade vs. mark variance analysis, provision summaries, and stale mark analysis.
- Management reporting of various metrics including FOBO break trends, DART system usage, and P&L completion times.
- Providing analysis and information in response to ad hoc requests from various areas throughout the firm (e.g., Front Office, Tax, and Regulatory).
- You have a Bachelor's Degree.
- You are highly attentive to risk and the importance of a strong control environment and show a high attention to detail in all aspects of their work.
- You possess highly developed analytical skills,.
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills to enable you to build relationships with your key clients and to understand and address their issues.
- You have 4 - 6 years of financial service, banking or accounting experience
- PC skills including Excel, PeopleSoft Financials, and Essbase as well as comfort with manipulation and presentation of financial data.
- You are a phenomenal teammate, creative, dedicated and a self-starter who can be dynamic and implement process changes.
- You should possess strong written and verbal communication skills.