Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Financial Analyst - Corporate Bank # 136940
at Credit Suisse
Product Control are the Financial Guardians of the Bank's sales and trading activities. We fulfill this role through: Ensuring complete, accurate and timely P&L, Balance Sheets and analysis. The independent validation of the value of our trading portfolios. Working with the businesses and the new business product groups to evaluate & integrate new products and businesses into our financial environment in a controlled manner. The provision of reliable and meaningful financial information to the business managers, external business partners and other relevant internal constituents.
Duties & Responsibilities Individuals within Product Control (PC) job family are responsible for executing the Daily, Monthly and Quarterly Control aspects of the business in their primary role as financial guardians of the Bank's sales and trading activities. They are responsible for ensuring complete, accurate and timely P L and Balance Sheets.
This role supports the Credit Products BFO. Products include: Loans and Total Return Swaps. The Product Controller will work closely with the trading desk, trade support, technology, financial control and other infrastructure areas to ensure timely and accurate reporting of the trading desks' results including daily P&L reporting, management commentaries, and exception processing.
Other responsibilities may include:
- You will calculate and post loan valuation model adjustments.
- You will produce global inventory analytics around the Corporate Lending loan portfolio and its valuations.
- Multi-GAAP (US GAAP, Swiss GAAP, IFRS) balance sheet and P&L reporting.
- Month end GL close.
- GL account reconciliation and substantiation.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
Qualifications/Skills and Experience
- You are highly attentive to risk and recognize the importance of a strong control environment, showing a high attention to detail in all aspects of their work.
- You will also possess highly developed analytic, interpersonal and communication skills to enable them to develop relationships with their key clients and to understand and address their issues.
In addition, you should have the following skills and experience:
- You have 1 - 3 years of financial service, banking or accounting experience.
- You have PC skills including Excel, PeopleSoft Financials, and Essbase as well as comfort with manipulation and presentation of financial data.
- You are a great teammate, dedicated, self-starter, who can be dynamic and implement process changes.