Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Financial Analyst-Capital Markets #138440
at Credit Suisse
The Product Controller role is supporting the Investment Banking Capital Markets Department (IBCM) ensuring fees are booked accurately to the ledger under US GAAP. This includes both syndicated capital market under-writings in which IBCM bankers originate capital market deals and the IBCM trading desks handle all trading associated with the deals to institutional and retail investors, as well client invoicing scenarios in which revenue recognition criteria has to be met. Working with the businesses and the new business product groups to evaluate & integrate new products and businesses into our financial environment in a controlled manner. The provision of reliable and significant financial information to the business managers, external partners and other relevant internal constituents. Products supported include Debt Capital Markets, Equity Capital Markets, Leveraged Finance Capital Markets, Asset Backed Securities, and Leveraged Loans in the Americas region, Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Placements, Advisory, Private Funds Group, HOLT, DNA, and Premium Analytics, as well as New Business.
Individuals within the Fee Based Product Control M&A/PFG job family would be executing the Daily, Monthly and Quarterly Production aspects of Product Control's primary role which is the financial guardianship of the Bank's sales and trading activities. They are responsible for ensuring complete, accurate and timely P L and Balance Sheets.
The supervisor will oversee and review all journals booked for payables/receivables with syndicate banks, revenue recognition, cash wires into the bank, and other month end adjustments. They will have the ability to analyze contracts and understand when revenue can accurately be recognized.
We are a department that values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
Responsibilities will include:
- Month End Balance Sheet Reconciliation Supervisory Review for Syndicate Accounting and Private Funds Group
- Management of 3 employees
- Reporting to various areas throughout the firm (e.g. Front Office, Financial Accounting, Line PC, etc.)
- Providing analysis and information in response to ad hoc requests from different areas all over the firm
- Supervisory review of foreign currency hedges
- You hold 4-5 years of relevant experience.
- You have a Bachelor's Degree.
- You carry 1-2 years supervisory experience.
- You possess a deep knowledge of Pivot Tables and V-lookups.
- You bear strong analytical skills, ability to learn quickly and be a problem solver showing high integrity and manage to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- You have a strong sense of ownership which describes your work ethics.