Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Java Developer #137239
at Credit Suisse
Overview of business area:
Risk and Finance (RF) Workflow and Productivity tools team is an award-winning team producing and integrating software to enable business to automate tasks, reduce costs and collaborate more efficiently.
Overview of the team:
- Workflow team is a global team spread across New York, Raleigh, London, Wroclaw and India, falling under the broader reporting horizontal department (400 member organization) serving Risk and Finance business areas.
- Team is a much diversified team with members coming from different background with rich talent.
- Current workflow team size is 30 members
This role is for Software Engineer to join the team and further build the strategic workflow platform for broad adoption by several new business areas within Risk and Finance IT (RFIT).
- Opportunities to work with the latest tool chains and industry standard methodologies using GIT, Jenkins, JIRA, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
- Opportunities to work as full stack development engineer.
- Experience with leading commercial and open source Workflow Engine.
- Exposure to new technologies in the bank: RFIT Workflow team is recognized as one of the leaders in innovation within Credit Suisse.
- Opportunities for self-improvement with various training programs within the bank.
- Experience in a global enterprise with a leading IT infrastructure.
- You are expected to take ownership of your components; provide solutions, innovations and improvements while also being accountable/transparent for your decisions.
- You understand the full tool chain from development to deployment for your components.
- Teamwork/partnering is essential as the workflow platform integrates many components across the bank and success is only obtainable by working with other teams within the bank.
- You always keep in mind the needs of requirement of the bank/clients when proposing new solutions and look to reuse existing components within the bank where possible, without reinventing them. The goal is to deliver the most robust software with the lowest cost and delivery times possible.
- You are open to new challenges and to move out of your comfort zone.
- Most importantly, you deliver robust, tested, software with appropriate documentation.
- Development of RFIT Workflow middleware Spring Boot REST micro services.
- Providing the required documentation.
- Acting as the technical representative and single point of contact for release and maintenance of Workflow deliverables.
- Aggressively raise risks and issues to IT PM, Dev managers and other relevant parties.
- Follow methodologies that are aligned with RF IT architecture strategy and standards and overall CS IT architecture strategy (including bank's standard platforms, applications, and run-time environments).
- Coordinate/work with Development, QA, Release Management, Infrastructure, Production Support, and extended teams to ensure smooth release of BoW.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- You have 3 years hands-on software development experience with Core Java, Spring Platform components including Security, Boot, Data, Batch.
- Crafting and consuming REST and SOAP web services.
- You have experience with Oracle and other SQL databases: database design, writing.
- PL/SQL queries, accessing data with JPQL and ORM frameworks.
- You have the ability to deliver clean code with good unit test coverage.
- You have deep understanding of application development lifecycle, integration, support and maintenance.
- Excellent and strong communication skills.
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with a global company, working with diverse teams from different cultural backgrounds.
- Previous experience within Credit Suisse.
- Cloud native development with Docker and Openshift.
- Experience with BPM systems e.g. Oracle BPM, Camunda.
- Deep knowledge of DevOps practices, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.