Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Model Risk Management – Validation Analyst (#136466)
at Credit Suisse
The Risk division is a highly visible, dynamic area of thefirm where you can be an integral part of decisions making that supports thebank's business. Our responsibilities range from enterprise risk management torisk and finance reporting and regional risk teams covering the risk managementfor our entities.
The Risk division's long-term success depends on our abilityto achieve our vision and fulfill our mandate. Ultimately, this depends on theskills, experience and engagement of our employees. We offer a collaborativeand ambitious environment that offers direct contact with senior management andencourages leadership at all levels.
The Model Risk Management (MRM) team has a mandate tovalidate the Bank's business-impactful models firm-wide and more generally toidentify, measure, and handle model risk across Credit Suisse. The team isestablished in London, Zurich, Mumbai, Singapore, New York, Warsaw and nowRaleigh.
As an entry level member of the MRM validation team you willget exposure to modeling in a wide variety areas such as economic capital,liquidity risk and CFO models etc. The current heightened regulatory focus onthese areas and the team's broader model risk scope also guarantees asignificant level of interest and visibility to the business and seniormanagement.
- You will review, verify and validate a large variety of models for theoretical soundness.
- You will test model design and identify model weaknesses, ensuring ongoing monitoring as well as contribute in the firm-wide model risk and control assessment.
- You will be expected to demonstrate independence in testing,
- You will be expected to keep comprehensive documentations of your work.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy,subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States EmploymentHandbook.
- You hold a Master's degree in a quantitative discipline, e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, and Finance/Economics. Masters or PhD preferred.
- You have knowledge in financial modeling and can demonstrate deep understanding of capital modeling, financial and derivative products and mathematics.
- You are able to communicate effectively with business partners and to present complex topics to a diverse range of audiences.
- You have analytical and computational skills in addition to a strong understanding of qualitative methodologies.
- You bring strong presentation and collaboration skills with the ability to work within a global team.
- Programming experience of software applications such as R, Matlab, SQL and SAS.