Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Oracle Application Lead # 132808
at Credit Suisse
Application Support is an essential function within the bank. The Application Service Group (ASG) team provides effective structured technical support for multiple front/middle/back office applications. They are responsible for problem solving and root-cause analysis for Problems raised to them. ASG will work closely with the Business Analysts, development teams, application users, third party vendors, and other Credit Suisse Groups, such as the CTO to provide an optimal level of Service.
This role will fall under Global Market- Data Analytics team. The ASG team is established to provide L1/L2 Support, Environment Management and Technology Operational improvements for the Client, control and Regulatory applications. The global team, made up of highly hardworking individuals with years of industry experience and SME knowledge, supports the Development team, upstream/downstream teams, and the business users in APAC, EMEA and North America. The team provides global coverage, with a strong presence in Pune, Raleigh and New York. They ensure production systems are kept highly available, 24 hours a day.
- Handling of critical issues, incident management, change management, monitoring, environment management and business continuity
- Analyze, document and interrogate system issues from both business and technology perspective.
- Suggest and drive forward resolution for system issues.
- Continuously come up with new solutions and implement system improvements as well as automate manual work.
- Partnership with stakeholders across various business and technology units including Product Controllers, Developers, Quality Analysts, Project Managers and Support Teams, to ensure successful delivery and onboarding of Technology projects.
- Provide effective updates to the Global Manager of the group
- Performing technical support fixes – development, script writing
- Investigating Problems to find circumventions and root cause
- Creating Known Error documents for Problems
- Taking lifecycle ownership for Problems
- Provide daily system monitoring, production issue troubleshooting, end user issue resolutions
- Support and configure production environments for the global infrastructure
- Provide release management for UAT and Production environments
- Work with other infrastructure team such as server team, network team, database team, and development teams on installation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution
- Document support processes, releases, and troubleshooting guide in coordination with other team
- Provide US Coverage during weekdays and weekends
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- You have 3 yrs of Oracle PLSQL development skills
- You have Unix/ Linux Shell scripting experience
- You have general understanding of financial data
- You have deep knowledge of No-SQL databases and Big Data (HBase/Hadoop, MongoDB, Casandra etc.)
- You have deep understanding of distributed systems & grid computing.
- Experience on ITRS Geneos Monitoring tool
- You have the ability to develop or working knowledge of .Net & C#.
- Deep knowledge of Control-M software is plus to have.
- Experience on Splunk tool or any Log Management tool
- You have ITIL knowledge
- Work/Hands-on experience in Azure Infrastructure, Bitbucket, Docker Container, Jenkins, Linux platforms
- Deep knowledge of DevOps capabilities such as Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD), Automated Testing, etc.
- Deep knowledge of JIRA system to log problems, bug fixes for Development book of work
Education & work experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field required; Master's Degree preferred
For more information visit Technology Careers.