Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Release and Infrastructure Manager # 132211
at Credit Suisse
The Information Technology (IT) Release and Infrastructure Manager is responsible for managing technical resources; providing engineering, administration and support service; and developing and maintaining an effective technology infrastructure.
As a Software Build, Release and Infrastructure Manager, you are core to the culture and productivity of the team. You will be able to gracefully balance schedule needs with creative imperatives, pushing for quality and innovation, while handling a sustainable release process. Executing on a project's vision takes many traits, but above all stand teamwork, leadership and a dedication to excellence. Coordinating the efforts of a large project team is a big responsibility; the Release and Infrastructure Manager needs to be both focused and agile in navigating the complexities of the development cycle.
- Design, Develops and maintain group infrastructure details.
- Plans and tracks TCO of group information systems.
- Orders, provisions and coordinates deployment of department information systems.
- Participates and works on IT projects as necessary.
- Complies with all applicable audit regulations and Company directives related to privacy and confidentiality.
- Contributes toward the development of standard operating procedures in all areas of influence; continues to find new ways to improve quality and efficiency.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value.
- Assists with other duties as necessary and provides general support of the Parkway mission in whatever way(s) possible.
- Responsible for understanding and ensuring employees follow policies and procedures.
- Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Acts as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems.
- Works with upper management in the administration of department schedule, performance requirements; and day to day operations.
- Identify and recommend process, policy and system improvement to optimize accuracy and efficiency that can be executed locally within region whilst adhering to global corporate requirements.
- Frequently interacts with subordinates, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters for the overall team objectives, between functional areas, other company divisions, or customers and the company. Often must lead or contribute to a cooperative effort among members of a project team. Resolves escalated issues from customers and internal teams to improve customer experience.
- Work with management team to continually evaluate team structure and tools in effort to support extraordinary customer service and efficient processing.
- Work closely with product teams to understand full release schedules and business goals behind each release.
- Clearly communicate issues, impact, and possible options as they arise, and develop action plans through partner collaboration.
- Identify risks in advance and drive the team towards successful resolution before the risks turn into incidents affecting the team or players.
- Ensure the team is complying with all requirements for release.
- Work on a plan to test and validate certification requirements during development to ensure a quick and successful certification.
- Create, document, execute, and improve the process of packaging builds, verifying their contents, submitting for certification, and final release.
- Identify and remove roadblocks that prevent the team from performing to their highest potential.
- Coordinate and lead efforts across a large “virtual” multi-functional team including groups as diverse as: Testing, Development, CTO, Legal, and more.
- Provide regular status on the state of releases, risks, and mitigations.
- Build and Release management for on schedule delivery of multiple software product suites.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- Experience with Windows, VMware and Linux-based server applications.
- Deep knowledge of cloud-hosted applications preferably Microsoft Azure.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to & management of numerous details, time management/scheduling, good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Proactive, problem-solving approach to his/her works.
- Effective time management and personal organization skills; works with a sense of urgency; able to meet deadlines. Follows through on commitments, using sound judgement and the ability to recognize and handle sensitive/confidential information.
- Aptitude for working in a highly detailed, data-driven environment.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change, prioritize tasks and perform multiple functions.
- Ability to perform duties with a low level of supervision.
- Ability to assess security, privacy, and compliance risks
- Ability to grasp the essence of new technical concepts and explain technical jargon in simplified terms.
- Passionate about security, privacy, and compliance with 10 years of relevant experience.
- Real passion for understanding vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques.
- Deep understanding of general IT controls (Change Management, Operations, SDLC, Configuration Management, Account Management, etc.).
- Broad knowledge of IT concepts, including networking (switches, routers, load balancers, firewalls), operating systems (Mac OS, Linux, Solaris, AIX, Windows), databases (Oracle, Teradata, MySQL), middleware and layered products (Apache, JBoss, Tomcat), and applications (ERPs, 2-tier, 3-tier, web-based, etc.).
- Deep knowledge of development, integration, and deployment tools and technologies, especially security aspects of these tools including static code analysis and screening for common vulnerability and exposures.
- Proficiency in networking concepts (layer 2/3 networking, firewalls, load balancers, etc.).
- Practical knowledge of applied cryptography and common attacks against modern cryptographic algorithms (encryption of data at rest, SSL/TLS, hashing, authenticated encryption, key derivation algorithms, symmetric vs asymmetric ciphers, block vs stream ciphers, etc).
- Solid knowledge of common web application vulnerabilities and ability to triage/verify OWASP Top 10 issues.
- General knowledge of COBIT, ITIL, and PCAOB's Audit Standards.
- Prior experience writing IT control objectives, policies, and procedures, and completing audit fieldwork and working papers.
- Demonstrable experience in IT infrastructure strategic planning and development, project management, and policy development.
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of current network and operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards, including experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Prior experience performs release management for cloud operations.
- Strong leadership, communication, and presentation skills with a firm sense of accountability, ownership for the end-to-end project lifecycle, and exceptional Project Management skills.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time, and that they meet or exceed expectations.
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality.
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, defects/bugs, service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates.
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes.
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations.
- Conduct and lead Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews.
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans.
- Weekly Release Reporting and manage release dashboard.
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required.
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities.
- Create, document, execute, and improve the process of build packaging, verification, certification, and release.
- Manage and work with BRT engineers to coordinate all Build and Release activities - branching strategy, analyze the impacts of branches / environment and code merges.
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process.
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Validation of scripts and ensure they are risk free – automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms.
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks.
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs.
- Software and Security patching – meet all the required compliance.
- Strong Cross-Team Communication Skills. When conflicts occur, you bring people together, you listen, you mitigate, and you resolve.
- Deals with Ambiguity. There is no instruction manual on how to be a great Release Manager. You use your instincts, experiences, and team to identify, assess, and solve problems quickly and frequently.
- Exceptional Project Management and Organization Skills. You are detailed and organized. You never let anything fall through the cracks. You are clear, concise, and specific. You understand, track, and ensure that release data is 100% accurate.
- Demonstrable ability to take initiative and execute using agile techniques.
- Knowledge in Bitbucket, Docker Container, and Jenkins.
Education & work experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field required; Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years experience working with IT infrastructure required.
- Work/Hands-on experience in Azure Infrastructure, and Linux platforms.
- You have deep knowledge of DevOps capabilities such as Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD), Automated Testing, etc.
For more information visit Technology Careers.