Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Architect/Delivery Manager # 138027
at Credit Suisse
Experienced Technical Architect / Delivery Manager to join a dynamic team supporting various projects across sub departments within Risk and Finance IT in a state-of-the-art work environment.
This position provides a rare opportunity to play a key role in the success of key bank business processes by improving stability, efficiency, capacity and scalability of critical data collation and reporting systems.
It would involve managing senior partners across IT teams from development, production support and infrastructure, in a global and diverse work environment, and providing the proper technical guidance utilizing industry standard methodologies.
- Lead multiple platform upgrades and greenfield deliveries of infrastructure focused projects while ensuring our they are planned well and funded properly
- Negotiate budget / project funding on behalf of the platform services team
- Provide expert level technical support and be capable of challenging all aspects of design and plans
- Manage availability, latency, scalability and efficiency of services by engineering reliability into software and systems
- Support software vendor to ensure application software is installed correctly, aligns to all Credit Suisse Policies.
- Deeply understand security authentication and authorization policies/methods and be able to integrate them with internally developed or vendor bases applications
- Respond to and resolve emergent service problems and introduce automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Review and influence new and evolving design, architecture, standards, and methods for operating services and systems
- Participate in software and system performance analysis and tuning, service capacity planning and demand forecasting
- Automate standardized repeatable tasks and steps and contribute to building a DevOps model
- This role will have some line management responsibilities and act a local lead in Raleigh for the Platform Services team.
- You possess expert knowledge of several elements of IT infrastructure (e.g. Linux, SAN, DB platforms, storage, JAVA, Weblogic, Cloudera,etc.) coming from either an Infrastructure or Development lead role.
- You have demonstrable experience in developing technical infrastructure solutions within large financial services based organizations.
- You are able to promote the best technical architecture design practice with project teams.
- You can comprehend the interrelationships between architectures and performance impact on systems.
- You have the ability to line manage resources and provide feedback/input on their performance.
- You are a problem-solver with excellent leadership skills and capability to strongly influence your peers.
- You would require to be comfortable working against tight deadlines and solve considerable technical challenges.
- Experience working with/building containers (Docker, Openshift Kubernetes) is helpful.