Creegan + D'Angelo Infrastructure Engineers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environmental Health & Safety Engineer
at Creegan + D'Angelo Infrastructure Engineers
- Requisition ID
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Environmental Health and Safety
Job Description - EHS Engineer
Cree is seeking an experienced Safety Engineer with Workers' Compensation experience to join our Health and Safety team. This role is also responsible to be a subject matter expert on various health and safety programs as well as be the point of contact for a specific group on the Durham NC campus.
- Develop and deliver meaningful presentations to continue to evolve the culture and drive results
- Participate in walkthroughs to coach others and identify hazards and work with the area owners to develop solutions to higher risks.
- Prioritize work load in a fast paced, growing company based on a good understanding of risk.
- Coach and conduct incident evaluations to identify the true root causes with the process owners.
- Develop and conduct meaningful, accurate and impactful training for health and safety programs.
- Communicate, educate, and train employees in EHS awareness and specific EHS requirements.
- Support Cree’s Management of Change (MOC) process by working with the MOC owners to mitigate the risks of injury, illness or environmental harm.
- Manage the Workers’ Compensation program for the North Carolina sites including interfacing regularly with supervisors, insurance company and doctors to drive for the employee’s full recovery and support return to light duty when needed.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Project Management/Organizational Skills.
- Decision Making.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Technical Capacity.
- Systems Thinking.
- Four-year degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or related Engineering field.
- 3-5 years of experience in an EHS support position for a manufacturing organization.
- Thorough knowledge of EH&S operations including OSHA.
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Construction Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or related Engineering field.
- Knowledge of EPA regulations.
- Experience with semiconductor manufacturing processes.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP).
- Industrial Hygienist.
- Application knowledge of SEMI, IBC, FM Global, and NFPA standards and regulations.
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.