Creegan + D'Angelo Infrastructure Engineers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Intern
at Creegan + D'Angelo Infrastructure Engineers
- Requisition ID
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Internship/ Co-op
Human Resources Intern
Our commitment to excellence doesn’t stop with our technology, it extends to the people we hire. When you join Cree, you’ll find yourself immersed in a culture similar to any startup environment – fast decision making, passionate people and constant innovation.
What can Cree do for you?
Cree offers an extensive 12-week internship program that aligns with our new hiring model and talent development strategy. Students a part of our internship program develop knowledge and skills across their areas of interest and gain insight into unit operations and applied academic concepts to business challenges. An intern has opportunity to be a key strategic contributor from the ground up.
What can you do for Cree?
* Bring enthusiasm, creativity, and an open-mind to help strengthen our culture and build on our success
* Bring a fresh perspective to the challenges we face
* Learn from an experienced team
* Deepen your understanding of classroom concepts
* Gain real-world experience
What you need for success:
Enrollment in an accredited collegiate program
Maintains a 3.0 GPA or above
Excellent communication skills
Ability to work without sponsorship now or in the future
Who You’ll Work With
Opportunities in this internship may include: Recruiting, Data Analytics, Compensation, Employee Relations, and Business Operations.
* Recruiting- This intern could be responsible for managing industry focused and function focused candidate sourcing and reviewing resumes. This intern will gain experience in phone screening, interviewing, onboarding, and full, life-cycle recruiting.
* Data Analytics- This intern may be responsible for defining, creating, implementing, and communicating a metric based HR scorecard which highlights the process Cree is making on key performance indicators (KPIs) geared toward driving the execution of Cree’s organizational goals. This person may work within the Total Rewards team to research and define best practices on specific HR KPIs. Using these KPIs, this intern would define and create a monthly / quarterly HR scorecard which measures our progress in these areas. In order to accomplish this, this intern will need to mine data out of our Oracle HR system, analyze it for trends, set baselines and then work with HR Leadership on developing targets for the organization to achieve. This requires collaboration across multiple areas of HR (Compensation, Benefits, Talent Management, Business Operations) to generate the appropriate “HR Story”.
* Compensation- This intern could be responsible for data auditing within Oracle and providing input as to process improvements, finding way to automate manual processes, assisting the compensation team in testing and implementing the CWB process, and maintaining wage book and job codes following pay reviews.
* Employee Relations- This intern could be responsible for communicating and implementing programs on behalf of Talent Development, Recruiting, Compensation, Benefits, and HRIS teams. This intern may also have the responsibility of identifying ways to improve company policies and procedures to improve the employee experience. Other goals may include participating in teams and other projects as requested.
* Business Operations- With oversight from both Legal and HR team members, this Intern may be responsible for conducting benchmarking / best practices research to provide recommendations related to the update of Human Resources policies and procedures. This Intern may also responsible for reviewing all HR policies; a specific focus of this internship will be on the Company’s Time-Off policies (Paid Time Off, Holiday Paid Time Off, Unplanned Time Off, etc.)
At Cree, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.