Creegan + D'Angelo Infrastructure Engineers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager Environmental Health & Safety
at Creegan + D'Angelo Infrastructure Engineers
- Requisition ID
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Environmental Health and Safety
Cree is seeking a Durham Environmental Manager to join the Environment Health and Safety Group at our global headquarters in Durham, NC. This role is integral to our planned expansion! The Durham Environmental Manager is responsible for multimedia (air, water, waste) environmental compliance related to our North Carolina semiconductor manufacturing and R&D locations. The position also leads Cree's sustainability efforts. The successful candidate will lead a team of professional staff and technicians while providing leadership and sound guidance to the organization. This person will report to the Global Director, Environment Health and Safety and will partner with the other key business leaders on tactical and strategic activities.
What Cree | Wolfspeed can do for you:
- The Environmental Manager will have responsibility for organizing initiatives that shape Cree’s environmental and sustainability performance with a direct impact on Cree’s bottom line.
- The position offers a high visibility, cross-functional leadership role in a fast-growing environment.
- Exposure and direct interaction with all levels of the organization including facilities, operations, development, marketing, finance, and business leadership.
What you can do for Cree | Wolfspeed:
- Maintains a competent environmental staff through recruitment and development efforts.
- Provides leadership, guidance and technical support to operations management.
- Maintains departmental budgets.
- Continuous improvement drive for factory environmental performance, sustainability, and profitability.
- Maintains a positive and productive working relationship with customers, the community, and regulatory agencies.
- Coordinates site-wide environmental activities; assists other business units as required.
- Serves as a member of factory leadership team that assists in managing the day-today and strategic direction of the Durham campus.
- Enables and maintains ISO14001:2015 Environmental Management System certification across multiple sites.
- Working with cross functional team to publish Cree's annual Corporate Sustainability Report.
- Serve as the primary customer contact for sustainability related inquiries and requests.
- Interacts with all levels of plant personnel to communicate environmental requirements, identify compliance issues, implement compliance solutions, and acts as a technical resource.
- Conducts permitting review applicability for capital and maintenance projects.
- Oversees facility inspections and audits.
- Oversees and leads incident evaluations and verifies implementation of corrective actions.
- Develops sustainable systems and processes to ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
- Acts as the interface between management and outside agencies in resolving environmental issues.
- Provides training to the environmental department and plant personnel on key environmental issues, environmental requirements, and compliance programs.
- Performs statistical analysis, prepares reports, maintains appropriate compliance records and files required documents with various regulatory agencies within stated deadlines.
- Works closely with site Leadership and Corporate communications as needed for internal and external media requests.
What you need for success:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 10 years environmental experience required with thorough working knowledge of semiconductor or similar manufacturing process and pertinent regulations including air permitting, wastewater, hazardous waste, and storm water.
- This position requires the lawful ability to access technical data, information, and areas controlled by United States export control laws and regulations.
- Project management including: working with suppliers, customers, and consultants for major projects and routine activities; assembles and assimilates technical information for permitting activities and sustainability reporting.
- Must be able to work independently, be a self-starter and take the initiative to evaluate and drive process improvements.
- Must be able to work with a diverse group of people in a professional manner and be able to handle several work tasks concurrently.
- Must possess high degree of problem solving skills.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Able to understand complex systems, identify gaps or issues, and develop solutions in coordination with manufacturing and R&D personnel.
- ISO14001 experience/certification
- Experience in the semiconductor industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.