Creegan + D'Angelo Infrastructure Engineers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician
at Creegan + D'Angelo Infrastructure Engineers
- Requisition ID
- Category (Portal Searching)
Cree | Wolfspeed’s Global Operations Team is seeking a Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician. As a member of the Crystal Growth Equipment team, the person in this role will be responsible for performing equipment startup, modifications, upgrades, troubleshooting and maintenance on production and R&D systems. This role will interact directly with process engineering and other groups to meet department and Cree goals. Successful candidates will have a strong team mentality and strong communication skills. Candidates working in this area must exhibit and mandate safe working practices. This role will also be responsible for a diverse mixture of activities with a strong emphasis on hands-on mechanical assembly, high vacuum systems, and light electrical work.
This is a 12-hour night shift position.
- Provide equipment support to improve tool performance
- Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions (to board level in some cases), determine corrective actions, and implement these actions
- Performs electrical or mechanical troubleshooting to determine problems in non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment used in the manufacturing process
- Dismantles, adjusts, repairs and assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, rough sketches or drawings
- Uses test and diagnostic equipment to perform checkouts
- Rebuilds manufacturing equipment as required
- Provide flexibility for 7 X 24 technical support for critical ongoing projects, installations, and repairs
What you need for success:
- Associates degree in a technology discipline or equivalent military experience
- Strong hands-on based mechanical aptitude; using common hand and power tools, good vacuum practices, and attention to detail
- Mechanical background - because of the uniqueness of the equipment, candidates will not possess prior experience on Cree’s specific equipment
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems
- Ability to read and understand electrical wiring, block, and schematic diagrams
- Ability and desire to learn new fields of discipline
- Experience with MS Office Excel
- Knowledge of vacuum and gas delivery systems
- Working knowledge of advanced electrical and electronic systems
- Relevant direct hand’s on experience or education in a related high technology field
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.