Creegan + D'Angelo Infrastructure Engineers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
New Product Introduction Engineer-Project Management
at Creegan + D'Angelo Infrastructure Engineers
- Requisition ID
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Power Engineering
Wolfspeed, CREE’s Power Division, is seeking a project based Product Engineer for their RTP location.
As a Project Manager in the Power New Product Introduction Group, you will be responsible for the project management and qualification of new SiC Power product integration and commercialization to Industrial and Automotive standards. Excellent communication and project management skills are required as successful qualification requires close interactions with Product Line Marketing, Power R&D, Operations, Reliability and Failure Analysis teams.
What can we do for you?
- High visibility, cross-functional leadership role in a fast-growing business unit.
- Exposure and direct interaction with all levels of the organization including marketing, operations, development and business leadership
- Potential for upward mobility in a growing organization
What can you do for us?
- Own, manage and drive the Power New Product Introductions through the Business Gate approval process, from Concept through Commercialization. Primary Product focus will be discrete packaged products.
- Ensure the fulfillment of product requirements including all items for product release. Identify deliverables and ensure deliverable completion to ensure successful product transition to the Operations team.
- Forecast, plan, coordinate and schedule substrate and epi starting material, fab wafer starts, package qualification builds, test, characterization and reliability testing to ensure new product qualification schedule timeliness.
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales to define product release timelines and strategies.
- Document, summarize and report on project status to key stakeholders, communicating progress to schedule and highlighting schedule and project risks.
- Ensure all testing, reliability stress and evaluation is completed in accordance with current and emerging standards and specifications including JEDEC, AEC-Q101, Power Module LV324, AGQ324 and any SiC-specific standards.
- Facilitate DFMEA and DVP&R, ensuring products are effectively identified and documented. Ensure previous lessons learned are incorporated into new product risk analysis.
- Utilize 8D methodology to ensure Qualification issues are effectively addressed and documented to ensure effective corrective actions and to ensure Lessons Learned are captured for future product development.
- Support or lead NPI system level improvements to ensure efficient product definition, approval and release in support of APQP requirements.
- At least 3 years of industry experience in process engineering, process integration or product engineering in a production semiconductor wafer fabrication facility.
- Demonstrated project management skills including the ability to effectively multi-task in a complex environment, including strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical mindset and self-starter to confront difficult problems and challenge the team to high levels of performance.
- Strong problem solving skills and problem prevention skills including 8D, FMEA, DOE, and ANOVA.
- Bachelors degree in engineering, physics or closely related field
- Candidate must be a US citizen or Green Card holder
- Experience in silicon carbide based wafer fab process engineering, package processing or process integration.
- Experience in qualifying products to AEC-Q101 or AEC-Q100 standard
- Power and Schottky diode semiconductor device physics knowledge
- Advanced data query scripting abilities or computer programming experience with SQL, JMP, MS Access, or similar database and analysis software
- Six sigma black belt, green belt or significant Quality system training and experience
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.