Creegan + D'Angelo Infrastructure Engineers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Creegan + D'Angelo Infrastructure Engineers
- Requisition ID
- Category (Portal Searching)
Cree currently has an open position for a Process Technician within our Xlamp Pilot Line team at our Durham, NC headquarters and is looking for enthusiastic, hands-on candidates to join our exciting, fast-paced company.
This position will be on a Front End 12-hour night shift schedule.
What can Cree do for you?
- Provide the opportunity to gain diversified development experience and work on multiple important projects
- Provide the ability to directly be involved in developing our next generation of LED products
- Work in a high visibility role with the potential for continued career growth in a thriving organization.
What can you do for Cree?
- Perform the mechanical assembly, optical and electrical testing, and characterization of LEDs.
- Develop the skills necessary to execute electrical, mechanical and photonic experiments to aid product development team in next generation packaged LED solutions.
- Learn how to collect data, analyze results, and issue recommendations.
- Be taught to fully understand complete assembly process flow for the product lines and how to build and develop new products and processes.
- Play part of a larger team aimed to investigate/resolve processing issues and suggest solutions to prevent future occurrence
What you need for success:
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment
- Ability to conduct multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions
- Must have excellent hand-eye coordination and attention to detail
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Associates degree in an engineering or technical field or 5-10 years of equivalent experience.
- Experience working on an automated assembly line
- Experience in hardware and software development
- Knowledge of photonic systems (e.g. spectrometers, photonic measurements and LED metrology) desired
- Knowledge of electrical, optical, and mechanical systems
- Knowledge in die attach, wire bond, and molding processes
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.