Creegan + D'Angelo Infrastructure Engineers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Marketing Engineer
at Creegan + D'Angelo Infrastructure Engineers
- Requisition ID
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Power Engineering
The Power Marketing Engineer is responsible for go to market of Wolfspeed’s power semiconductor product line into the WW Energy markets. Primary responsibility is to support existing customers and drive new business for Wolfspeed’s market-leading portfolio of silicon carbide (SiC) products. The position involves working with internal technical organizations and, global sales and distribution to drive revenue growth across global renewable energy market customers.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
The Energy segment is a key market for Wolfspeed’s Power portfolio. SiC power devices enable power conversion systems to made significantly more energy efficient, smaller, lighter and less costly. This position requires a candidate with the creativity, vision and technical acumen to breakdown the traditional way of designing with silicon devices and find new and innovative ways to solve problems with superior SiC components – across a vast customer base. The right candidate will have a significant impact in the next product platform innovations in systems like solar inverters, battery storage solutions, fuel cell and wind conversions systems. The position bridges the gap between power conversion system designers and our device engineers, power product line managers, operations personnel and commercial sales to deliver the right products that customers are looking for.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Identify market needs and translate to product requirements for new product development with prioritized features, corresponding justification, target market applications and business plans
- Drive demand creation in conjunction with Wolfspeed’s regional sales and applications teams
- Be the Energy Segment Go To Market specialist on behalf of the Power Product line
- Bring awareness of market trends and directions from voice of customer and publication review to the Wolfspeed decision makers
- Be an expert on competitor’s capabilities and product positioning in the market
- Work with sales on product specifications for special business opportunities
- Manage the portfolio within the customer base from market launch through obsolescence
- Work with the regions to provide the Energy AOP and business forecasts
- Generate and distribute sales tools, application notes and/or technical guidelines
- Generate and deliver field and customer training, establish communication methodology and process
- Understand cost models and support product pricing strategies
What you need for success:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar technical engineering
- 5+ years of semiconductor industry experience
- Understanding and ability to implement multiple marketing tools and approaches
- Very strong knowledge of both the sales and go to market approaches for power semiconductors within the Energy & industrial market space.
- Proven track record in supporting customers, direct sales and distribution sales partners
- Extensive experience with new product launch and new business development
- Good understanding of semiconductor device technology and power system applications
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Strong verbal, written & presentation communications skills
- Willingness to travel regularly, including internationally as necessary
- Self-motivated with strong drive to achieve business objectives
- Ability to blend the technical and commercial to deliver a balanced approach to problems
- Prior relevant experience in Power Semi Field Applications Engineering or regional marketing would be a significant advantage.
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.