Creegan + D'Angelo Infrastructure Engineers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Assurance Engineer
at Creegan + D'Angelo Infrastructure Engineers
- Requisition ID
- Category (Portal Searching)
Customer Quality Engineer for Cree in Durham will support quality management activities: working on Quality Management System, supporting customer audit activities, supporting customer return activities, supporting technology and product qualifications, supporting change management activities in Front end and be the key contact with the Front-End production as well as the RF customers. The quality engineer will also start quality activities for continuous improvement.
What can our company do for you?
The Quality team has great team cohesion, providing a supportive team work environment.
This position is a great opportunity to have an impact on a growing business and possibility to work on a large variety of quality related activities.
What can you do for our company?
- You will be part of the Customer Quality Engineering Team supporting the Radio Frequency (RF) business line, and in this role, you will:Works with Engineering, Product Development and Manufacturing to ensure that quality standards and customer requirements are in line with internal processes.
- Support customer returns activities (coordinate 8Ds activities, prepare report, follow up on corrective and preventive actions and rate internal activities)
- Represent Quality Management for Front End technology projects.
- Lead and support overall QM activities (audits, quality management system, problem solving 8Ds).
- Support information and documentation of product quality related topics for customers.
- Improve quality related processes.
- Monitor quality criteria and the adherence to quality assurance risk management procedures.
- Report key quality indicators in your area
- Support qualification of new processes and technology in team with reliability group. Together with Reliability team give conclusion on qualification results for new products and changes on products.
- Proactive and reactive customer support (Problem Solving incl. crisis management).
- Contribute to the development of adequate quality measurement criteria and establishing and harmonizing quality assurance objectives, policies and operating procedures, including risk management.
- Lead risk assessments and drive decisions on risk releases to customer.
- Initiate and drive continuous improvement activities / programs.
What you need for success:
You are best equipped for the role if you have the following profile:
- BS or MS in Electronic Engineer or equivalent (will consider relevant experience in combination with professional certifications in lieu of a degree).
- Individual is able to work with minimal supervision and actively participate in a team oriented, continuous improvement, and semiconductor manufacturing environment
- Strong communication skills, teamwork oriented, data analysis, problem solving (8D, FMEA), and statistical methods.
- MS Office skills required (Excel, Word…)
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Knowledge in semiconductor Front end processes
- Knowledge in LDMOS and GaN technologies. Experience with RF would be a plus.
- Familiar with JEDEC or IATF standards.
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.