Creegan + D'Angelo Infrastructure Engineers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Research Scientist - High-Bright/Video
at Creegan + D'Angelo Infrastructure Engineers
- Requisition ID
- Category (Portal Searching)
- LED Engineering
Cree is looking to add a Research Scientist to our High Brightness and Video LED Products group in Raleigh/Durham, NC. As a member of the Cree R&D team, you will support Cree’s leadership in the development and improvement of a wide variety of LED products.
You will be responsible for the development, design, and manufacture of turn-key LED solutions for customers. You will gain a functional understanding of UL and Energy Star metrics, and ensure the adherence of new products to these and other certification requirements.
You will be working with a team of scientists, engineers, and technicians to drive the revolution in developing next generation LED technologies and coordinating the transfer of these products into production.
What can Cree do for you?
- Allow you to work in a cross functional role within our LED Products R&D group
- Offer the opportunity to gain diversified development experience working on multiple projects
- Ability to directly influence our next generation of LED products
- High visibility role with potential for upward mobility in a thriving organization
- Provide exposure to development support of a 24/7 international operation
What can you do for Cree?
This role will immerse you in a fast-paced R&D environment managing one or more projects concurrently working with teams both domestic and abroad, requiring you to adapt and learn new skills and techniques quickly. You would be expected to apply strong written and oral communication skills to summarize data and communicate findings quickly and clearly. You will be able to identify opportunities to bring your own unique skill sets into the fold in solving problems through hands-on equipment work, data analysis, or technical design.
The successful candidate will be a resourceful, hands-on, problem solver with the capacity to quickly grasp and resolve a wide range of technical problems while managing one or more development efforts. This position is open to candidates with no semiconductor experience as well as to those who have demonstrated semiconductor processing ability.
What you need for success:
- PhD in Materials Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or other relevant technical degree. New or recent graduates are encouraged to apply
- Strong hands-on based aptitude is required
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic, able to manage projects with minimal guidance
- Passion to ‘do whatever-it-takes’ to make things happen
- Thrive in a high-pressure, deadline-oriented atmosphere
- Compound semiconductor processing experience, particularly optoelectronic materials
- 0-5 years’ experience in the semiconductor industry in a manufacturing or R&D capacity
- Strong working knowledge of SPC and DOE principles and methods
- Experience with databases and data analysis tools (SQL, Access, JMP, Excel, etc.)
- Project management experience
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.