Creegan + D'Angelo Infrastructure Engineers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RF Product Marketing Manager
at Creegan + D'Angelo Infrastructure Engineers
- Requisition ID
- Category (Portal Searching)
The Product Marketing Manager - Wolfspeed RF is responsible for technical product marketing of Wolfspeed’s RF semiconductor product line. Primary responsibility is help drive new product strategy and development for Wolfspeed’s market-leading portfolio of gallium nitride (GaN) HEMTs and MMICs. Focus for the position is on the global channel/distribution marketing, customers and working with internal technical organizations, in conjunction with global sales, as an RF subject matter expert, that will grow the Wolfspeed RF revenues.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
Gallium Nitride RF technology is the future for Wolfspeed’s RF portfolio and the next generation for Design Engineers looking to convert their silicon or gallium arsnide-based power amplifier systems to the smaller, more efficient systems enabled by GaN. This position requires a candidate with the creativity, vision and detail to breakdown the traditional way of doing things and find new and innovative ways to solve problems. The right candidate will have a significant impact in the next product platform innovations that are introduced into the market. The position interacts directly with the power amplifier design companies in the industry and our product development engineers, operations personnel and commercial sales to deliver the right products that customers are looking for.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Identify market needs and translate to specific product requirements for new product development with prioritized features, corresponding justification, target market applications and business plans
- Execute on deliverables for distribution sales, including design registrations, ship & debits, as well as pricing
- Ownership of new product strategy and roadmap for understanding and initial product definition, definition of formal product plan through qual and launch
- Interface with R&D, NPI engineering, Production (OPS) and Applications to build and sustain product line
- Awareness of market trends and directions from voice of customer, competition activity and publication review
- Be an expert on competitor’s capabilities and product positioning in the market
- Be a self-starter in the creation of product data sheets and presentation materials
- Generation of product specific collateral and tools.
- Work with marcom and sales for special business opportunities
- Understand cost models to support product pricing strategies & business case
What you need for success:
- Must be a U.S. Citzen or Green card holder
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar technical engineering
- 5+ years of semiconductor industry experience
- Strong understanding of semiconductor device technology and assembly
- Strong understanding of RF semiconductor testing, qualification and reliability
- Strong understanding of RF semiconductor applications
- Good general knowledge of both RF sales, RF markets and customer base
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Strong verbal, written & presentation communications skills
- Willingness to travel, including internationally as necessary
- Self-motivated with strong drive to achieve business objectives
- Ability to blend the technical and commercial to deliver a balanced approach to problems
- Strong analytical skills and experience
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or MBA
- 5+ years’ experience in Field Applications Engineering
- 3+ years’ experience in Channel Marketing
- Extensive experience supporting customers, direct sales and distribution sales partners
- Extensive experience with new product launch and new business development
- Experience with salesforce.com, Adobe InDesign, and Oracle
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.