Creegan + D'Angelo Infrastructure Engineers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RF/Microwave Power Amplifier Design Engineer
at Creegan + D'Angelo Infrastructure Engineers
- Requisition ID
- Category (Portal Searching)
- RF Engineering
Wolfspeed (Cree's Power & RF division) is one of the world's leading suppliers of gallium nitride (GaN) wafers and devices for RF communications, radar and electronic warfare. Our business is growing rapidly and is in need of a RF/Microwave Power Amplifier Design Engineer for our RF product development team. The primary focus of this role is the design, test and evaluation of cutting edge products using GaN HEMT technology.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
At Wolfspeed, you will:
- Design GaN high power transistors and amplifiers.
- Continue the acceleration of GaN adoption across the wireless frequency spectrum.
- Own products from cradle to handoff (as opposed to more niche “production design centers” where designers only focus on one specific piece of an overall design.) You will learn MORE here.
- Experience both depth and breadth – high power, high frequency, high efficiency, linearity, quick turn, test, characterization, production.
- Understand how what you do contributes to the bottom line of the organization.
- Work for a small team (you will not be a “number” here!), but nor is this a startup. This is a world class, winning organization with a nimble footprint.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Design of discrete, hybrid, and MMIC based packaged transistors and 50-ohm in/out high power amplifiers.
- Creation of custom electrical models of passive package parasitics and matching components such as alumina substrates, bondwire arrays, and high dielectric matching capacitors using industry standard 2.5D MoM and 3D FEM simulators.
- Device testing and characterization including s-parameter, large signal, load-pull, stability over temperature and VSWR, as well as market specific measurements on a per-product basis such as modulated signal measurements.
- Multistage circuit design and layouts based on existing designs
What you need for success:
- B.S.E.E. or equivalent experience
- 5 years microwave circuit design/measurement experience with 2 years of compound semiconductor, hybrid or MMIC power amplifier experience
- Working experience with industry standard non-linear circuit simulators ADS and MWO and electromagnetic modeling software (e.g. HFSS or equivalent)
- Working experience with microwave test equipment (e.g. Agilent VNAs) and standard device characterization/de-embedding techniques
- Demonstrated ability to work within schedule constraints
- Experience with technical customer communications
- Excellent communication and team skills
- US Citizen or green card holder
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- M.S.E.E. or equivalent experience
- 7 years microwave circuit design experience with at least 3 years on GaAs or GaN hybrid and MMIC power amplifiers
- Experienced user of AWR and ADS non-linear circuit simulators
- Experienced user of Axiem and HFSS electromagnetic modeling software
- Experienced user of microwave test equipment
- Experience with standard device characterization/de-embedding techniques
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.