Creegan + D'Angelo Infrastructure Engineers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Creegan + D'Angelo Infrastructure Engineers
- Requisition ID
- Category (Portal Searching)
This position will support the Cree Power & RF Reliability and Failure Analysis team, which supports SiC Schottky diodes, SiC MOSFETs, SiC Power Modules, and GaN HEMT-MMICs. Reliability support includes assembling new reliability test systems, conducting reliability tests, performing pre/post DC/RF test, and preparing data and reports accurately and completely. RMA and internal failure analysis support includes preparing documentation, de-processing devices, archiving photographs, and delivering devices to/from DC/RF test. Other duties include maintenance, calibration, repair, stocking lab supplies, and general upkeep.
- Launch and complete reliability tests
- Track reliability tests using PT-Scanlots and MS Access database
- Monitor reliability tests on a daily/weekly basis using written and/or electronic checklists of power supplies, computer-automated data acquisition systems, and environmental chambers
- Load/unload devices and deliver as needed to pre/post test, project owners, or failure analysis
- Prepare, scan and fill out travelers
- Carefully track device IDs through reliability stress and test
- Facilitate or perform pre/post DC/RF test on Microwave and Power devices in the RFA lab using curve tracer / DMM, or in Microwave Assembly (P&T) / Power R&D
- Emphasis is on thoroughness, attention to detail, and accuracy. TEST SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT
- Assist engineers with building new reliability test systems, which entails running wire, first-time-success soldering, mechanical assembly, coordinating facilities requirements,
- Use DMM and good electrical troubleshooting skills to diagnose reliability test system issues or device failures, using strong understanding of electricity, electrical instrumentation, basic circuits, Ohm’s law, diodes, MOSFETs, I-V curves
- Good mechanical aptitude, proficiency in use of hand tools ( drills, taps, soldering irons, Dremel tool, etc ).
- Willingness to learn new software and hardware systems.
- Ability to contribute ideas for improvement to current systems and propose ideas/suggestions for future systems.
- Facilitate or perform routine calibration, preventative maintenance, and repair of electrical instruments and test systems, environmental chambers, and failure analysis equipment
- Maintain stock of consumables such as general supplies, PPE, chemicals, liquid nitrogen, and gases
- Archive completed jobs and maintain records of long term storage
- 2 year degree in electronics, electronic engineering, physics, or related field
- Strong understanding of electricity, electrical instrumentation, basic circuits, Ohm’s law, diodes, MOSFETs, I-V curves, power supplies, and electrical troubleshooting
- Strong aptitude in word processing, spreadsheet, data preparation and processing, and general computer skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in progress and complete them on time.
- Flexibility to handle sudden changes to priorities and learn new skills in an R&D environment
- High energy and motivation to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to accurately follow procedures and instructions
- Understanding of basic safety protocols for electricity and chemicals
- Familiarity with computer-automated data acquisition systems
- Experience testing discrete devices such as diodes, MOSFETs and HEMTs, under DC and RF conditions
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.