Dixon Hughes Goodman, LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part Time Loan Review Documentation Senior Associate
at Dixon Hughes Goodman, LLP
- Company : Name
- Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP
- Requisition ID
- Credit Risk Management
With more than 2,000 professionals in 13 states, our headquarters in Charlotte, NC is just the beginning of where you can find a career with us. DHG ranks among the top 20 public accounting firms in the nation, and we work with clients locally, nationally, and internationally every day. In each DHG office, you’ll discover a caring culture and a place where you can build a valuable career.
- Determine/confirm type of loan(s) reviewed, nature of collateral, and loan purpose.
- Identify and differentiate the respective parties (e.g. borrower, guarantor, grantor, etc.) to the loan transaction(s).
- Identify and analyze the fundamental terms of the loan transaction within the loan documents to ensure consistency with the financial institution’s underwriting
- Review and analyze debt instruments to ensure basic legal enforce-ability
- Review and analyze collateral / security instruments to ensure basic legal enforce-ability and to ensure perfection of the grantee’s interest in the encumbered collateral consistent with the parties’ intent
- Review appraisals/valuations of real estate collateral.
- Review approximately 20 to 25 loans per day on average, with focus on the most important credit/documentation issues that affect risk and to communicate and defend one’s findings.
- Provide excellent service and build long lasting relationships with existing and new clients by way of consistent communication and follow up.
- On an ongoing basis, provide innovative ideas and solutions to improve the loan review process to make it more efficient and cost effective.
- Able to meet regular regional travel needs, occaisionally traveling Mon-Fri on a given week.
- 0-3 years of experience in loan documentation (e.g. with a financial institution, law firm, etc.) or general legal documentation (e.g. as a paralegal, legal assistant, etc.) required
- General working knowledge of commercial, commercial real estate, construction and development, residential mortgage and retail loans required
- MS Office proficiency required
- Strong presentation skills and time management capabilities required
- High School Diploma required; Associates Degree, Bachelor’s Degree or experience equivalent strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel and work in teams required; travel will consist of car and air travel, and would include overnight stays.