Duke University Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Emergency Medical Technician - EMT - Life Flight
at Duke University Hospital
4063 EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECH
EMT – Life Flight – Duke University Hospital – Rotating Shift - Durham or Smithfield Base
Duke University Health System- Duke University Hospital seeks to hire an Experienced EMT who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
Duke Life Flight is a comprehensive air and ground critical care transport program serving the communities of NC and surrounding states. We have both an adult transport team and a pediatric/neonatal transport team. Our team is active in delivering exemplary care for each patient to ensure an excellent patient experience, every time.
Work Hours & Shifts:
12 Hour Shifts - Day/Night Rotating
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- All three Duke Hospitals have received Magnet designation for excellence in nursing.
- Competitive Wages! Excellent benefits to include Tuition Reimbursement!
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle! Work and live in your own community.
The EMT Driver will perform a variety of activities associated with the Life Flight/ Life Care Critical Care Transport service to include operation of the Life Care Critical Care Transport ambulance and medical support systems, and assist with operations of associated satellite base and ongoing continuing education outreach program.
1. Responsible for minor repairs to the unit to include: changing light bulbs, replenishing fluids, tightening nuts and bolts, inspecting tires, etc.
2. Responsible for daily maintenance including fueling and cleaning of vehicle.
3. Responsible for reporting minor and major repair needs to the site specific Clinical Operations Director.
4. Responsible for assisting nursing staff with patient care as requested to include loading and unloading operation of commonly used equipment and providing family members with information about and directions to Duke.
5. Responsible for replenishing medical air and oxygen and medical supplies used during transport.
6. Knowledge of streets and highways within the response area of the mobile intensive care unit.
High school or equivalent
- Two years experience operating an ambulance/fire truck equivalent to the Duke mobile intensive care unit.
- Two years EMT experience with an active EMS provider
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
- Current certification as North Carolina EMT
- Current Class C-drivers license.
- EVD (emergency vehicle driver) certification
- BLS (or higher) certification required.
Pre-employment Physical Capacity Testing Required:
Click here for more information
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Duke University Hospital Profile
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 957 inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 51 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; an Ambulatory Surgery Center with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. In fiscal year 2016, Duke University Hospital admitted 41,408 patients and had 1,119,151 outpatient visits. U.S News & World Report named Duke University Hospital #1 in North Carolina and #1 in the Raleigh-Durham area in 2016-17. Duke University Hospital is ranked in the top 20 nationally for seven adult specialties, including cardiology and heart surgery, diabetes and endocrinology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology, rheumatology, and urology
Emergency Medical Technician - EMT - Life Flight
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
LIFE FLIGHT OPERATIONS