Consolidated Safety Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Web Services and API Backend Java Developer
at Consolidated Safety Services
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Full-Time 40
- Security Clearance Level
- National Agency Check (Client Initiated)
The Web Services and API Developer will provide on-site support to the customer in delivering web-based dashboards that allow decision makers access to actionable information about chemicals in order to meet specific customer needs. The dashboards consolidate information from disparate sources as collections of flexible, visual widgets, where individual widgets synthesize information according to user specifications. Widgets will then be combined into user-specific dashboards, where user partners can customize the information displayed to support diverse decision-making tasks. This role will have overall technical responsibility for the design, configuration, and implementation of multiple web services and APIs using RESTful design principles that will be self-documenting and self-discoverable. The Web Services and API Developer will develop these APIs and web services in a modular architecture format to permit existing modules to be re-used across multiple application implementations and will document the design and implementation techniques/strategies in the client’s instance of Atlassian Confluence.
The Web Services and API Developer will be expected to work collaboratively and effectively with client staff and contractors, and they will be required to broker communications between client parties for multiple data sources to develop the required web services and APIs required for the web-based dashboards.
Specifically, the Web Services and API Developer will:
- Support existing web applications and support the customer with respect to back-end design, architecture, and documentation;
Drive the design and implement updates and additions to existing web services ensuring proper design, structure and frameworks;
Embed in the application development teams and focus on the design and documentation of Web Services and APIs;
Assist in the preparation of specifications and other activities requiring knowledge of Web Services and API principles and techniques;
Interpret requirements and perform analyses to ensure that objectives are met;
Collaborate with developers at all levels and disciplines; and
- Perform other duties as required.
Seeking an experienced Web Services and API developer to support the work of the EPA’s National Center for Computational Toxicology (NCCT). The successful candidate will possess the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering or closely related field of study and five (5) years+ of documented, progressive software engineering work experience, OR Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or closely related field of study and four (4) years+ of documented, progressive software engineering work experience.
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing high-volume web services using API Protocols and Data Formats (REST, JSON, SOAP and XML).
- Experience developing in an agile environment with tools like JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Experience with CI process and build tools like GitHub, Jenkins, Maven.
- Create software test plans following Test-Driven Development standards.
- Knowledge of (SDLC) software methodologies (e.g., SCRUM/Agile, Waterfall); Agile development is preferred
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, highly integrated work team on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work on-site Monday through Fridays during normal business hours (8:00 am – 5:00 pm) at client facilities located at RTP, NC and pass a background investigation and a drug test.