Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Email Campaign Specialist
Devada is committed to empowering developers. Our mission is to harness the incredible power of technology and bring developer practitioners, advocates, and inspiring novices alike together in community through our product and platform offerings. Recognizing that developers sit at the hub of innovation in many different kinds of companies, we offer solutions that drive knowledge sharing, foster communities for collaboration, and facilitate learning and growth.?
Since 2005, Devada has been empowering developers to learn, share, grow, and succeed via the technology-specific web communities we enable. Our media property, DZone.com, is one of the world’s largest communities of user-contributed technical learning resources. DZone.com is visited by millions of developers each month who utilize the site to learn and share insights and best practices on software tools, technologies and best practices.
Devada is looking for a quality-focused Campaign Specialist who will be responsible for owning the day-to-day performance and optimization of Sponsor customer marketing campaigns for some of the largest technology companies in the world. As a key member of our Production Team, you’ll be at the cross-section of sales and customer success and your core focus will be on delivering optimal ROI to our data-driven Sponsor customers. You will onboard new clients and ensure their ongoing satisfaction and success with DZone.com products. Managing data and analytics that keep internal and external stakeholders informed with actionable insights to drive campaign success is a must!
The ideal candidate will bring a strong commitment to learning our business by staying up to date on the industry, our products, the competition, and most importantly, our Sponsor customers. In addition, the ideal candidate must possess excellent email campaign production and execution skills, client relations experience, project management skills, and have some experience with various marketing automation systems (Marketo, GetResponse, Salesforce) as well as an ability to work with our in-house CMS and campaign management tools. Finally, the ideal candidate will be self-motivated, a quick learner, a team player as well as able to work independently free from distractions to best serve our Sponsor customers.
What You’ll Do Most of the Time:
- Leverage your expertise in email campaign optimization to drive ROI for our marketers with a focus on quality and efficiency
- Develop and maintain customer-centric and data-driven account strategies to drive adoption of DZone.com products and expand stakeholder reach
- Develop email and landing page assets based on the templates and style guides provided by the client, or upload the HTML/CSS code for email and related assets as needed
- Build and broaden trusted customer relationships through ongoing and proactive communication and advocacy
- Partner closely with sales to understand customer’s objectives, manage expectations, and drive strategic goal alignment
- Ensure quality and timely delivery of DZone.com products to your assigned customer base
- Clearly communicate customer initiative progress to internal and external stakeholders and provide consulting on campaign optimization and enhancement
- Ensure high levels of customer retention and minimum churn by monitoring potential risk and proactively optimizing campaigns
- Collaborate with team members to improve the entire customer lifecycle and experience
- Create and modify HTML and CSS code to render accurately in all major email clients and leading browsers for PCs, Macs, and mobile devices
- Implement email HTML coding best practices to avoid email spam traps
- Structure the use of links, images and styles based on the standards provided by the client
- Use of DZone’s CMS systems for the hosting of image and campaign assets
- Test the deliverability of email assets using the marketing automation system and ensure the proper data flow from the email assets through the landing page and into the target database
- Work directly with internal resources and the asset requester to QA, review and revise the assets if necessary
- Continuously evaluate and suggest process improvements to expedite campaign production
- Implement list segmentation strategies for targeted email campaigns
- Create and maintain job aids both how-to and process documents
- Assist with special projects as assigned
What We Look For:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- 2+ years of proven experience in digital marketing, campaign specialist, account management, or customer success role(s) with focused email marketing experience
- Experience building and deploying email campaigns using email marketing or marketing automation tools (Marketo, GetResponse, Salesforce)
- Knowledge of best practices for email creative, segmentation, deliverability and CAN-SPAM regulations
- Strong desire to build trusted advisor relationships with customers with the ability to manage multiple client relationships
- Ability to manage multiple integrated initiatives simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time-management skills, organization and project management skills
- Ability to quickly identify and address operational and process issues
- Ability to think creatively about marketing testing techniques and options
- Experience leveraging marketing and campaign performance data and reporting to maximize customer’s success and provide strategic advice and direction
- High social intelligence, proactive and curious mindset, and strong goal orientation and motivation to succeed
- Excellent communication and outreach skills, responding rapidly to customer inquiries, and drafting concise and informative e-mails
- Outstanding organization, planning, and problem-solving critical thinking skills; you should be detail-oriented and able to organize your own workflow
- Passion for people: love working with, talking to, and interacting with people through all means of communication, including your teammates and other coworkers
- Knowledge of Salesforce and email tools such as Get Response
- Ability to code email and landing pages using HTML/CSS as well as when needed troubleshoot technical issues related to HTML templates, list segmentation and other aspects of email execution, as required
- Collaborative team player with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience communicating directly with clients and maintaining proactive partnerships
Working for Devada
At Devada, “developer” is in our DNA. Our products and services are specifically focused on building and supporting great online communities for software developers to learn and share knowledge. Our software platform, AnswerHub, is used by the world’s largest development organizations to give both internal developers and partners a place to share technical knowledge. Our media property, DZone.com,?is home to one of the world’s largest online communities for developers.
We’re growing fast, but we are determined that each and every person has the opportunity to make a difference for our company and our customers each and every day. We encourage creativity and collaboration and thrive on continuous improvement. We hire purposefully for passion, self-motivation, intelligence, curiosity and adaptability.
Devada?has been listed in the Inc. 5000’s list of fastest growing private companies for five years running, and we are seeking great people to help us continue our rapid growth. We are headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.