Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Research Publications Editor
Devada is committed to empowering developers. Our mission is to harness the incredible power of technology and bring developer practitioners, advocates, and inspiring novices alike together in community through our product and platform offerings. Recognizing that developers sit at the hub of innovation in many different kinds of companies, we offer solutions that drive knowledge sharing, foster communities for collaboration, and facilitate learning and growth.?
Since 2005, Devada has been empowering developers to learn, share, grow, and succeed via the technology-specific web communities we enable. Our media property, DZone.com, is one of the world’s largest communities of user-contributed technical learning resources. DZone.com is visited by millions of developers each month who utilize the site to learn and share insights and best practices on software tools, technologies and best practices.
In the age of digital transformation, software development leaders are seeking forward-looking insights into the direction, the application and the management of technology and with that how software developers are responding to those trends. Devada is looking for a high-energy, self-motivated individual with demonstrated research and analytical skills to join our growing DZone.com Editorial Team. In this role you will be part of a team overseeing all aspects of our contributory (non-paid) and in-house created content delivery and distribution business model.
The Research Publications Editor will have the opportunity to craft the research function, lead a publications team, and establish best practices in research/publications processes. In this role you will implement scalable frameworks for conducting, reporting and publishing research findings, and craft the narrative around quantitative and qualitative data to inform the publication of DZone.com Trend Reports and Refcards. Your work will provide future-oriented, data driven practical and actionable insights to help software development leaders who visit, use and/or read DZone.com content to understand current market signals, anticipate future demand, and innovate to stay relevant.
What You Will Do:
- Serve as a key member of the DZone.com Editorial Team and contribute to the entire research project life-cycle from conception to completion and presentation
- Lead a team focused on delivering research-based findings, thought leadership insights, and practical best practices in DZone.com publications
- Collaborate inter-and-cross-departmentally to craft and execute research surveys, including partnering with internal teams on project setup, testing, data collection, and reporting
- Formulate the narrative around data collected through quantitative and qualitative analysis of the DZone.com audience, customers, prospects, and market trends
- Be the point person with Sales team and sponsors to provide input and insights to inform research and publications
- Partner with marketing, sales, and product management teams to synthesize data and research trends from a variety of sources to develop strategic insights
- Support and/or manage key research deliverables, including but not limited to: research studies, Trend Reports, RefCards, DZone.com annual audience surveys, internal/external presentations, and webinars
- Support the Editorial team through other tasks such as: collecting and synthesizing secondary market research via online databases, the Internet and published sources as well as coordinating and/or conducting research interviews with C-level executives and industry experts, organizing meetings and teleconferences, and preparing research materials and summaries for the team
- Coordinate and facilitate online focus groups and in-depth interviews with members of the DZone.com user and member community
What We Look For:
- 5+ years' experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative research in B2B markets with a focus on the direction, application, and management of technology (insight into the software development world a plus)
- A proven track record of conducting quantitative analysis, secondary research, and monitoring data to create, synthesize, and publish thought provoking, data-driven insights
- Superior organizational, time management, and project management skills, and the ability to exercise sound independent judgment
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills
- Advanced understanding of best practice research tools and techniques – sampling, survey development, data analysis, scenarios, thought leadership insights and writing reports of research findings
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to dissect data to tell a compelling story and create, publish and present unique insights to technology leaders around the world
- Demonstrated maturity, integrity and the ability to perform in an entrepreneurial environment, both individually and as a team player
- Prior experience in digital or tech media preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree with a background in social science, industry analysis and/or market research preferred
Working for Devada
At Devada, “developer” is in our DNA. Our products and services are specifically focused on building and supporting great online communities for software developers to learn and share knowledge. Our software platform, AnswerHub, is used by the world’s largest development organizations to give both internal developers and partners a place to share technical knowledge. Our media property, DZone.com,?is home to one of the world’s largest online communities for developers.
We’re growing fast, but we are determined that each and every person has the opportunity to make a difference for our company and our customers each and every day. We encourage creativity and collaboration and thrive on continuous improvement. We hire purposefully for passion, self-motivation, intelligence, curiosity and adaptability.
Devada?has been listed in the Inc. 5000’s list of fastest growing private companies for five years running, and we are seeking great people to help us continue our rapid growth. We are headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.