Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Devada is committed to empowering developers. Our mission is to harness the incredible power of technology and bring developer practitioners, advocates, and inspiring novices alike together in community through our product and platform offerings. Recognizing that developers sit at the hub of innovation in many different kinds of companies, we offer solutions that drive knowledge sharing, foster communities for collaboration, and facilitate learning and growth.
Since 2005, Devada has been empowering developers to learn, share, grow, and succeed via the technology-specific web communities we enable. Our media property, DZone.com, is one of the world’s largest communities of user-contributed technical learning resources. DZone.com is visited by millions of developers each month who utilize the site to learn and share insights and best practices on software tools, technologies and best practices.
Do you have a passion for working with talented people as well as curating, optimizing, and publishing compelling content for a global audience of software professionals? Do you want to help drive the strategy behind unique content that educates developers, improves organic search visibility, and builds trust in the DZone brand? Devada is hiring an SEO Analyst to join our growing DZone.com Editorial team, which drives all content related activities for our community of software developers around the world.
Editorial excellence and search optimization of web content are always on your brain. You will be expected to learn what topics align best to target audiences of the brand. This role will implement the functional search optimization strategy and monitor content performance to ensure overall strategic business goals are met. This role will work closely with members of the Editorial team to optimize search engine content that drives viewers directly back to DZone.com
What You Will Do:
- Perform keyword research in coordination with content strategy objectives to optimize existing and future content
- Monitor and administer web analytics dashboards, reports and key reporting tools, and point out key areas of importance in accordance with content objectives
- Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search channels
- Utilize tools to perform keyword research and ensure growth of DZone.com’s targeted keyword portfolio
- Collaborate closely with the editorial team to implement best practices in SEO, improve organic search, and ensure strategic business goals are being met
- Develop editorial standards, guidelines, and processes so content meets contributory guidelines
- Edit, revise and reformat content to publish on a daily schedule
What We Look For:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience combination of editing and building strategy of online content for one or more consumer websites (as a web editor, managing editor or similar).
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, English, or related field of study, or commensurate experience preferred.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills. Proven experience working with large scale, fast paced content production.
- Self-Starter with journalistic curiosity who learns quickly and is willing and eager to adapt with the business.
- Must understand how to clearly communicate requirements to contributors, colleagues, and vendors.
- Knowledgeable in SEO and user-generated content.
- Excellent grammar and punctuation skills with strong abilities to write and edit copy under publication deadlines.
- Understands needs of online publishing, including HTML, CSS formatting, and Content Management Systems (CMS
- In tune with competitive and editorial landscape in our market (developer communities and producers of technical publications)
Preferred but not required:
- Prior experience or work with a digital media company
- Experience in editing for web channels
Working for Devada
At Devada, “developer” is in our DNA. Our products and services are specifically focused on building and supporting great online communities for software developers to learn and share knowledge. Our software platform, AnswerHub, is used by the world’s largest development organizations to give both internal developers and partners a place to share technical knowledge. Our media property, DZone.com, is home to one of the world’s largest online communities for developers.
We’re growing fast, but we are determined that each and every person has the opportunity to make a difference for our company and our customers each and every day. We encourage creativity and collaboration and thrive on continuous improvement. We hire purposefully for passion, self-motivation, intelligence, curiosity and adaptability.
Devada has been listed in the Inc. 5000’s list of fastest growing private companies for five years running, and we are seeking great people to help us continue our rapid growth. We are headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.