Envoy Air Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fleet Service Clerk
at Envoy Air Inc.
Envoy Air Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the American Airlines Group. With more than 14,000 employees, Envoy is the largest provider of regional flight service to American Airlines. Flying under the American Eagle brand and livery, Envoy provides ground handling services for many American Airlines flights. The Company was founded in 1998 as American Eagle Airlines, Inc. and in 2014, changed its name to Envoy Air Inc. Envoy is headquartered within the Dallas metropolitan area in Irving, TX with large operations in Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago, Miami, New York, and Los Angeles. At Envoy, we go beyond transporting people from one destination to another. Our goal for employees is to take you where you want to go - whether a short-term stay or a lifelong career. Are you ready for take-off?
Our Fleet Service Clerks are responsible for loading and unloading baggage and other cargo as well as transporting these items to and from the aircraft, terminal, and bag room. Fleet Service Clerks also clean and service cabin interiors with equipment and supplies by reaching, bending and twisting in confined spaces. Fleet Service Clerks hand clean the interior of aircraft including meal trays, lavatories, overhead storage bins and buffets. When cleaning and servicing cabin interiors, Fleet Service Clerks use powered equipment, such as cargoveyors, industrial tractors, forklifts, and motor scooters. Clerks will also manually operate equipment such as hand trucks, lavatory service carts, cargo and baggage carts.
Responsible for specialized cleaning fluids and equipment; hand tools such as pliers, screwdrivers for aircraft recouping; uses baggage and cargo scales. Fleet Service Clerks are also responsible for de-icing aircrafts and for pushing out/towing aircraft and related guideman functions. Clerks will handle all responsibilities in a safe and timely manner to ensure all bags, cargo, passengers, and planes are loaded and unloaded properly for all arrivals and departures.
- Minimum Age: 18
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid state driver’s license; some license restrictions may prohibit a candidate from being eligible for this position
- Willing and able to lift bags, parcels and other items weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to perform job duties in variable weather conditions
- Willing and able to work rotating shifts including nights, weekends, holidays and days off
- Must be able to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
- Must possess the legal right to work in the United States
Additional Position Details
- All Fleet Service Clerk wages are governed by the contract agreed upon between Envoy and the Transport Workers Union (TWU).
- The Company will pay fifty percent (50%) for the new hire employee's first basic uniform set and the employee will pay fifty percent (50%) unless prohibited by local or state law.
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable.
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable.
- This position may be subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing. Federal law requires Envoy to determine an applicant's history of Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position, if applicable.
Envoy Air is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.