Gannett Fleming Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Design Engineering Manager
at Gannett Fleming Inc
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Category
- Design Build / Alternative Delivery
- Employment Status
At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Excellence Delivered As Promised. It’s more than a slogan. It’s our standard. It’s the expectation we place upon ourselves as individuals and as a company. It represents our commitment to our valued clients, industry partners, and employees. It’s our earnest pledge to do what we say. It’s the core of who we are as a firm and the foundation upon which all of our relationships and projects are built.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming is a leading engineering and construction management company that serves the pharmaceutical and industrial manufacturing business sectors.
Our Raleigh, NC office is looking for an energetic and self-motivated Design Engineering Manager to join our team. Join our Journey!
As the Design Engineering Manager, you will help provide operational leadership to multiple engineering disciplines and help grow our presence in the North Carolina market.
Responsibilities will include:
- Directly hire, train, manage, develop, and motivate a team of engineering design professionals
- Partner with multiple disciplines to ensure successful execution of projects, including profit/loss analyses
- Implement internal systems for estimating and auditing design documents and construction drawings
- Lead project performance meetings and pricing review meetings
- Business development and proposal writing, with support of our marketing staff
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- P.E. license in the state of North Carolina required
- 15+ years of related experience with a design firm
- Successful experience with business development
- Ability to lead and grow an engineering team
- Experience with process-oriented industrial manufacturing capital projects
Life at Gannett Fleming
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans status or other characteristics protected by law.
Gannett Fleming will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Location: Raleigh, NC
Working Hours: 8 AM – 5 PM
Employment Status: Full-time
Internal Requisition ID: 2019-5557