General Dynamics Information Technology
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Storage Automation Engineer
at General Dynamics Information Technology
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Function
- Information Technology
- Security Clearance Level
- Full/Part Time
- Full Time
This position is not yet funded.
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an opportunity for a Sr. Storage automation Engineer to interact directly with members of the Storage team, Virtualization team, OS Administrators, Middleware team, and developers to assist in the ongoing day-to-day management of the Automation and patching environment supporting all of the Windows environments.
The Sr. Storage Automation Engineer will join our federal client infrastructure team. The successful candidate will experience an unparalleled large-scale enterprise environment with over a thousand physical servers, tens of thousands virtual servers, supporting 35 Peta Bytes of storage capacity, 200,000+ desktops and laptops, running hundreds of mission critical business applications, processing $60+ Billion in annual revenue.
The Sr. Storage Automation Engineer will provide day to day full life cycle support of Middleware servers; including installation, build, hosting design and service deployment, on-site and remote administration, user support, performance monitoring and tuning, and capacity planning.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide Storage infrastructure architecture, design, and implementation support
- Provide expert level storage management, maintenance, and automation support
- Perform as primary Storage Administrator in a large enterprise environment
- Perform Patch management tasks to include:
- maintaining current knowledge of available patches
- deciding what patches are appropriate for particular systems
- ensuring that patches are installed properly, testing systems after installation
- documenting all associated procedures
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal or external customers, in written and oral format
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, hardware, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management
- Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact
- Develop, document, and automate technical processes and procedures as needed
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases
We can only accept US citizens and or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years and not have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
- 5+ years of related systems engineering experience
- 2+ years of hands-on storage administration/automation experience
- Experience with one or more open source tools compatible with enterprise storage automation
- Hands on experience with change automation and orchestration
- Proficient in scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python, Bash, Ruby, etc.)
- Hands on experience with troubleshooting and diagnoses of hardware and software problems
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer hardware and software in a large-scale enterprise environment
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to achieve a Public Trust clearance
- Hands on experience working with Ansible (Ansible Modules, Ansible Playbooks, APIs)
- Experience with Puppet, Chef, and/or SaltStack
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.