Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Experienced Environmental Engineer, Geologist or Scientist
at Geosyntec Consultants
Geosyntec is growing in the Carolinas and we are looking for an Experienced Environmental Engineer, Geologist of Scientist who loves digging into the details of contaminated site assessment and remediation for our Raleigh, North Carolina office. Our ideal candidate would have at least ten years of experience on these types of projects, particularly working on complex environmental projects like the Superfund program, Federal facilities, or large manufacturing sites. If you’re looking for a place where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals, Geosyntec is the place for you!
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals as you move to the next stage of your career? Some of the key responsibilities for this position include:
- Developing remedial investigation, feasibility studies, and remedial action plans for soil, groundwater, and sediment projects in the Southeast;
- Providing task management of complex field efforts;
- Evaluating chemical data and contaminant fate & transport;
- Preparing technical reports, letters, memoranda, plans, specifications, and proposals;
- Performing data analysis, including preparing maps and figures using GIS/Environmental Visualization Software (EVS) applications, and database management;
- Performing environmental due diligence, regulatory compliance services, and permitting; and
- Providing client development and marketing support, including proposal generation, for remedial projects.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture as you advance to this next stage of your career. Based on your current level of experience, you’ll likely be asked to take on task-level or project management responsibilities, along with business development, staff management, and mentoring tasks. Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires 40-hour OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, to be scheduled and paid for by Geosyntec. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants
- Fieldwork: Up to 25%
- Overnight travel: Up to 25%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
- BS degree in environmental, civil, or chemical engineering; environmental science; or earth science (geology or hydrology). [required]
- Advanced degree in geology or environmental engineering. [preferred
- North Carolina Professional Engineering (P.E.) or Professional Geologist (P.G.) licensure. [preferred for engineering or geologist candidates]
- At least 10 years of experience in an environmental consulting environment. [required]
- Excellent technical writing skills for environmental consulting applications. [required]
- An outstanding track record for client management and technical leadership. [preferred]
- Project experience involving contaminated site assessment and remediation. [preferred]
- Experience with ArcView, Microsoft Access, Modflow, and/or EVS. [preferred]
- Experience working on demanding, sophisticated, and legally sensitive projects. [preferred]
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. [preferred]
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record. [required]
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: EXPER02060