Global Knowledge Training LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Global Knowledge Training LLC
Global Knowledge is the world’s leading IT and business skills training provider. Offering the most relevant and timely content delivered by the best instructors, we provide customers around the world with their choice of convenient class times, delivery methods and formats to accelerate their success. Our business skills solutions teach essential communications skills, business analysis, project management, ITIL service management, process improvement and leadership development. With thousands of courses spanning from foundational training to specialized certifications, our core IT training is focused on technology partners such as Amazon Web Services, Cisco, Citrix, IBM, Juniper, Microsoft, Red Hat and VMware. We offer comprehensive professional development for technologies like big data, cloud, cybersecurity and networking.
Founded in 1995, Global Knowledge employs more than 1,300 people worldwide and is headquartered in Cary, N.C. Learn more at www.globalknowledge.com.
This role is responsible for analyzing the learning and knowledge gap and identify the best solution based on learner needs and business goals. Collaborating with stakeholders, SMEs, and team members to design and develop solutions based on sound instructional design concepts, practices, and procedures. Assessing learner progress and efficacy of the solutions using appropriate methods of evaluation. Adapting instructional design processes to fit in an agile development environment, including performing iterative development, learner testing and feedback, and cross-functional tasks. The ideal candidate will have a strong background developing e-learning courseware, multimedia production environments, as well as familiarity with traditional classroom based learning development practices.
- Strong knowledge of developing and creating courses following Adult Learning Theory and industry standard design theories
- Strong understanding of best practice learning design for classroom, virtual classroom, e-learning and blended learning modalities
- Strong working knowledge of Learning Content Management Systems, Xyleme greatly preferred
- Understanding of delivering to corporate branding and delivery requirements
- Conducting Blueprinting and review sessions with Industry Subject Matter Experts
- Knowledge of common IT technology and associated functions
- Strong background writing challenging Assessment questions
- Working knowledge of construction of virtual labs for student practice
- Familiarity with Open EdX or similar learning deployment platforms
- Working knowledge of XML and content structure
- Familiarity with SCORM guidelines
- Comfortable with learning new technologies, preferably experience with tools like GitHub, Digital Asset Management Systems
- Conduct and facilitate Blueprinting design sessions
- Write courseware objectives based on content provided
- Write assessment questions that map to courseware objectives
- Design Challenging virtual lab practice opportunities
- Work to develop courseware in Xyleme, for multiple delivery formats
- Design blended learning classroom experiences
- Parse courseware into small chunks, ideal for classroom and elearning delivery formats
- Choose what slide or video presentation type is ideal for different content
- Design Courses and course materials to work inside of GK technology and deployment environment, which requires strong working knowledge of templates and delivery options.
- Strong copy/script writing skills required for writing course/module intros and conclusions to be read/delivered by actors
- Creating Dope sheets, ensuring all files, filenames, and content is ready for video production
- Write Assessment questions per vendor guidelines
Global Knowledge is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
To submit a referral click here.