Grace Federal Solutions LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Director Grants & Education-MF3704
at Grace Federal Solutions LLC
Purpose: To determine educational needs, design and implement education for Client affiliated programs in order to meet the educational needs of medical, nursing, and allied health staff. To provide Client and affiliates with development expertise as an educator, consultant, and facilitator related to oncology education.
Scope of Responsibility: The Associate Director facilitates the development and export of local and regional medical, nursing, and allied health educational programs into affiliate communities from Michigan to Florida and other parts of the Continental US. Collaborates with the Client Medical Director, Client Directors to address cancer related training and educational needs for affiliated site staff. The position is also responsible for enhancing cancer-related education in all affiliated communities as well as supporting Client regional and national efforts.
The Associate Director is responsible for the enhancement of professional practice through education at the affiliated programs, development of national, regional and local continuing education programming, and community education.
These responsibilities are achieved through:
- Independently responsible for performing clinical evaluations and make judgments based on a synthesis of concepts, principles, models and theories to solve complex problems for affiliate sites and create and implement solutions for variances.
- Following a comprehensive assessment, develop programs for medical educational needs and practice competencies at affiliated sites.
- Effective relationship building and collaboration with all parties involved in the administration of Client-affiliated programs
- Responsible for managing Client administrative, medical, and clinical leadership as part of educating a multi-disciplinary care team
- Oversight of Client activities in compliance with contract terms of each affiliated program
- Development of evidenced based educational materials and programs that are appropriate to the literacy of various groups with the ability to adjust content and teaching strategy appropriate for learner needs
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The following description of job responsibilities and standards reflects the major duties of the job but does not describe minor duties or other responsibilities that are assigned from time to time.
- Develops, implements and oversees Continuing Medical, Nursing, and Allied Health Education efforts in support of Client goals and objectives:
- Responsible for developing content and teaching educational programs to Client providers and affiliates (RN’s, Pharm.D’s, APP’s). Responsible for ensuring Client providers and Affiliate’s are educated on Cancer Basics as a multi-disciplinary approach for patient care.
- Performs baseline and annual assessment of medical, nursing, and allied health education needs at affiliate sites and develops and develops educational programs to address identified gaps
- Performs ongoing continuing medical, nursing, and allied health educational needs assessments at Client affiliate sties
- Oversees the management of local and regional symposia to address knowledge gaps. These events may be live local and regional symposia, or video/web conferences. This includes completion of accreditation applications, contract negotiations with venues, budget development and reconciliation, supervise content development, brochure development and advertising, and sponsor support processes.
- Oversees delivery of educational content to various audiences of oncology health care providers
- Evaluates the need for and coordinates the delivery of education to support radiation oncology programs at Client Cancer Network Affiliates
- Responsible for creating and delivering patient and staff education materials to all Affiliate sites ensuring current National Cancer Standards are conveyed.
- Evaluates and reports the outcomes of educational activities per program and overall programmatic summaries
- Coordinates Web activities associated with registration, marketing of programs, evaluation and ongoing credit for recorded programs
- Performs staff oversight and education functions (inclusive of Client staff)
- Assists in the development of position descriptions for program coordinator staff and all Client positions to assess competency
- Assists in recruitment, hiring, and orientation activities for staff
- Assures documentation of Licensure and education files for Client staff
- Provides access to developmental/educational/training opportunities to staff including mentoring, chemotherapy competency assessment and development for staff at Clinical Affiliate sites, in and outside of North Carolina.
- Has direct management responsibility for Client program and grant staff.
- Develops educational plan for Cancer Network staff to ensure chemotherapy competencies are met.
- Strategic development and reporting support
- Provides input into Client strategic planning initiatives related to professional education
- Develops and monitors education program budgets
- Responsible for contract negotiations with venues for educational programs and ensuring those contract terms are implemented correctly.
- Oversees the educational grant application process
- Participates in the ongoing preparation and monitoring of quality assurance programs associated with professional educational programs
- Oversees concordance with Client and affiliate marketing guidelines for program related literature
- Program Leadership
- Independently researches and applies for educational grant opportunities from outside funding sources. This includes submitting the Letter of Intent and full grant proposals, and facilitating the completion of funded projects
- Develop, implement and manage program budgets ranging from $10,000 to $2 million dollars; inclusive of forecasting, monitoring, verifying funds. Responsible for how grant dollars are spent and allocated toward educational offerings.
- Responsible for overseeing reconciliation of expenditure of budgeted funds as appropriate
- Manage contracting negotiations between Client and external partners, facilitated through Client Legal processes
- Collaborate with Client and network services finance regarding financial processes related to educational financial management
- Collaborates and maintains positive relationships with all parties involved in the functioning of Client-affiliated programs.
- Manages all tumor board activities for affiliated programs, including Client attendees, Client presenters both on site and remotely via videoconferencing or other applications
- Collaborates with Client staff for educational and study operations
- Assures appropriate Network compliance for the Client with related educational standards regarding Oncology Standards for evidenced based care.
- Develops strategies that enhance participation in Network educational programs
- Assures accuracy in Educational certificate awards for live and recorded programming
- Develops new opportunities for the education of other allied health professionals including radiation technologists, radiology, social work etc.
- Collaborates with medical education companies to complete needs assessments, RFPs, program coordination and evaluation
Required Qualifications at this Level:
The successful candidate will be an individual who can respond appropriately in highly public environments, both on and remote to the Client campus in potentially high-pressure situations. A person with experience at Client Health or another academic-based health care delivery system with a Master degree and knowledge of clinical practice and continuing education standards, principles of adult education as well as tumor board structure and function is strongly preferred. The position interacts with physicians and administrative leaders in affiliated hospitals in support of Client-affiliated programs. This role represents the interests of the Client on committees, teams and other public forums, and functions within the policies and procedures of the Client.
- Work requires a background generally equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in a clinical, educational or business related field. Healthcare background especially in Oncology is very strongly preferred.
Master degree in Nursing, Health Care Administration or Health Education is very strongly preferred
- Work requires four years related clinical background in health care business, management, instructional management or related fields.
- Certification/license to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina very strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of CME/CNE/CEU as well as technologist and pharmacy related educational credit rules is required.
- Ability to write investigate and write educational grants is strongly preferred.
- Experience in coordination of educational conference preferred.
- Ability to deliver educational content is expected.
- Knowledge of health-literacy and adult learning principles
- Ability to assess educational needs, design educational activities and evaluate educational outcomes
- Ability to manage financial resources related to educational activities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Facilitation skills
- Computer competency, including WebEx, videoconferencing, teleconferencing
- Exposure to hazardous waste and infectious materials
- Physical abilities to complete job duties under prescribed environmental and working conditions
- Ability to travel to affiliated sites, regional and national travel expected (travel includes flights on commercial and small planes and drives of 4-6 hours by car is expected)
- Evening and weekend educational commitments are required