Grace Federal Solutions LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bus Driver - SC6709
at Grace Federal Solutions LLC
This position is responsible for transporting passengers over specified distant points according to a set time schedule. Duties involve the ability to operate the assigned vehicle in a safe, reliable, and professional manner while being courteous, patient, and helpful to all passengers.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Abides by all safety and traffic regulations/laws as well as company policy/procedures; properly completes all required paperwork to include manifests, pre/post-inspection checks, accident reports, and other applicable forms/reports.
- Uses sound judgment in following dispatch instructions, being able to recognize, create, and follow logical sequences for pick-up and drop-off of passengers in an efficient manner.
- Attends training classes with successful completion; answers passenger questions politely and accurately, to include questions about service area, eligibility requirements, and fares;
- Ensures passengers' ride is comfortable and safe; provides assistance to individuals as needed;
- Knows and abides by all federal transit requirements; keeps current on the operation of all service routes; safely operates transit vehicles to pick up and transport customers while adhering to transit vehicle route schedule and maintaining a pleasant and courteous manner
- Completes familiarization with system and safety features; geography and roadways of an assigned route and of the entire service area; traffic rules, regulations and laws, and transfer points;
- Receives and transmits two-way radio messages involving accidents, incidents, emergencies, criminal activities, or other authorized business utilizing judgment and discretion to ensure customer and individual safety.
- Performs vehicle operations at varying hours of day and night. Will work outside regular business hours as required by service demands;
- Writes reports and completes forms as required, may prepare detailed written reports concerning accidents incidents, breakdowns and mechanical defects, as required at the end of their shift
- Performs other duties as required by department on the position
- AT LEAST ONE YEAR EXPERIENCE OPERATING PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION VEHICLES/HEAVY TRUCKS OR OTHER HEAVY VEHICLES AND VALID NC CLASS B DRIVERS LICENSE WITH AIR BRAKE AND PASSENGER ENDORSEMENT, OPERATES BUS TO TRANSPORT STUDENTS, EMPLOYEES, PATIENTS AND VISITORS.