Grace Federal Solutions LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Grace Federal Solutions LLC
Cook needed to prepare meals.
Perform routine food service tasks under general supervision or instructions in a food production and/or customer service area; prepare portioned and fast food on grill, in broiler, or in deep fat fryer as appropriate; wash and clean equipment as assigned.
- Assist in the preparation of foods such as meats, vegetables, baked goods and desserts; prepare food to include beverages, salads, dressings, sandwiches, and cold plates; prepare portioned and fast foods on grill, in broiler, or in deep fat fryer as appropriate.
- Operate food production equipment to include slicers, choppers, dicers, mixers, vertical cutters, patty making machines, and other vegetable, bakery, and meat processing equipment.
- Transport food or supplies to serving areas; ensure that areas are properly set up; assemble and replenish food, supplies, and equipment as required; ensure proper temperature of food in steam tables and correct counter display; take orders, portion, and serve food to customers; record portions served according to procedure; remove, cover, wrap, label, store, rotate, and discard food and condiments as directed.
- Clear soiled dishes and refuse from tables in dining halls; scrape refuse into garbage containers; load trays and soiled dishes on conveyers, racks, and carts; remove and dispose of trash; set up and operate dish machine.
- Clean assigned area following proper sanitary procedures, to include equipment, counters, work and dining tables, chairs, refrigerators, utensils, and dispensers; sweep and mop floors; vacuum carpets and empty ash trays.
- Ensure all supplies, materials and equipment are available in assigned work areas for proper performance of duties; maintain replenishment as necessary; prepare supplies and materials as required; report equipment malfunctions; report need to repair equipment, furniture, building, and fixtures.
- Assist in monitoring work and training employees in proper techniques and in the use of supplies, materials and equipment as appropriate. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Work requires the ability to read and follow instructions normally acquired through a partial high school education. Serv Safe preferred.
Work requires six months of experience in food preparation/service.