Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HHHunt's Spring Arbor Senior Living of Cary, NC is seeking a qualified Activity Director to join our team! The Activity Director is responsible for developing, planning and organizing the Assisted Living activity program with an emphasis on the wellness, spiritual development, recreation, educational development and continued involvement in the community of all residents.
Creating and Coordinating
- Create and direct group and one-on-one activities for residents in the community within budget while keeping records and receipts
- Develop and implement activities in accordance with community policies and state guidelines
- Maintain attendance records of residents’ participation
- Generate and share ideas with residents to receive feedback
- Decorate house for holidays and activities and update bulletin boards as needed
- Maintain activity room, arrange furniture and supplies for activities and clean up when activities are complete
- Market the community through activities
- Create and distribute monthly newsletter and activities calendar to residents, families and prospects
- Involve residents and families in volunteer work and implement volunteer programs in the local community
- Attend professional development workshops
- Train and orient new volunteers
- Attend meetings and in-service training sessions as required and in accordance with state guidelines
- Assist in new resident orientation including the completion of the Resident’s Social Profile
- Function as part of the management team (manager on duty coverage, presenting the community, planning and participating in staff meetings, planning and implementing marketing and community events)
- Maintain open communication with residents and residents’ families
- Facilitate Resident Council Meetings
- Transport residents for scheduled activities and appointments
- Perform other related duties as assigned by his/her supervisor
- The Activity and Wellness Director seeks, trains, and supervises volunteers and the Activity Assistant, where applicable.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong interest in working with the senior population
- Ability to think creatively and put ideas into action
- Self motivated and independent
- Pleasant, friendly, and helpful at all times
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 3-5 years experience in a work related environment preferred
- Experience in Microsoft Office preferred
- Qualified as an Activity and Wellness Director as defined by the state licensure guidelines
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- General understanding of the needs of seniors
- Ability to work in an environment conducive to caring for residents without posing a substantial safety or health threat to self or others
- Flexibility in scheduling to assist with weekend and evening programming for the residents
- Ability to work well with others and promote a team environment
While other companies just build places to live, at HHHunt we build a better way of life. HHHunt has continued to build on its successes and is now a recognized leader in real estate development throughout Virginia, North Carolina, Maryland and South Carolina creating new homes, apartment communities, senior living communities and award-winning master planned communities. It is HHHunt’s mission to improve the world and how people live by creating meaningful experiences and places of great distinction. Join our team and work with us here. You’ll love it!
HHHunt offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, great growth potential and an excellent work environment. HHHunt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.