Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
**Director- Environmental Services, (NC)
HHS is one of the largest privately owned support service providers in the United States. We were founded in 1975, and started out by providing one hospital in Texas with housekeeping services. Since then, our company has grown in every way possible. Today, we employ more than 16,000 people in more than 30 states, as well as internationally, and provide a wide range of services in the healthcare, resort, senior living, government, and aviation industries. As a growing company, we are always looking for dedicated and quality-driven people who are ready to grow alongside us. To learn more about who we are and the services we provide, visit hhs1.com.
HHS has achieved success by hiring world-class individuals. We are looking for professionals with exceptional customer service skills to manage day-to-day operations in partner businesses across the US & growing world locations (currently beginning in Canada, South America, & Japan).
HHS is seeking qualified candidates for Director of Environmental Services (Housekeeping)
This position reports to a Regional Vice President; Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provide leadership to management and housekeeping team for all housekeeping operations.
- Recruit, interview, hire, and develop team member’s performance providing regular and timely assessment, and performs corrective counseling/coaching when necessary.
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, and industry regulatory agencies.
- Execute and maintain daily quality control systems.
- Demonstrate continuous ability to maintain and/or improve customer and patient satisfaction.
- Collaborate with hospital administration and other departments to provide world class service.
- Monitor and maintain operating budgets such as payroll, supplies, equipment, and hospital budgets.
- Create weekly schedules for work force.
- Participate in hospital committee meetings.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2 plus years managing salaried and hourly employees.
- Must possess excellent presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation with a high sense of urgency.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, service oriented environment.
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling sensitive/confidential information.
- Effective judgment and decision making ability.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office and web-based software.
- Must be proactive, self motivated and demonstrate ability to handle multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Effective collaborative skills; performing comfortably in group settings.
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Relocation is required.
Benefits and Compensation
Our company is a great place to work; we offer paid vacations, paid sick days, full benefits, exceptional compensation packages, and the opportunity for advancement. Increasing compensation and advancing your career will only be limited by your performance. All compensation packages are negotiable. Regardless of your starting point with HHS, our history has proven that most salaried team members can double their base compensation within 5 years of their start date.
The Essential Functions Test (EFT)
- At HHS, we know that people drive our success. We need team members with a positive attitude who are committed to teamwork, compassionate patient care, and top-notch quality service. What’s more, we need team members who can perform the essential physical functions of the job.
- To make sure our team members can in fact perform those functions specifically related to their job duties with HHS, they must PASS 100% of the HHS Essential Functions Test (EFT). During the EFT, individuals will be expected to perform a series of controlled lifts and movements that replicate the tasks performed as part of their employment.
- The EFT helps HHS determine whether potential team members have the physical abilities required to perform their job.
HHS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to workplace diversity.