Our client manages a global supply chain to provide products and services to the home furnishings industry. They manufacture finished goods such as furniture, mattresses, and bedding components to sell directly to manufacturers and retailers. Their current business units are located in Asia, Central America and North America, and they are headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Supply Chain Manager
Do you believe in “doing the job right the first time?” Are you looking to be proud of what you do, as well as challenge your skills while working with other professionals who are great at what they do? Are you never satisfied with good enough and want to be a valuable contributor to a collective success? If so, then we have the opportunity for you!
Utilizing your arsenal of skills and talents, you will successfully and efficiently perform the following responsibilities:
- Lead the demand planning organization and the company’s Production Planning / Scheduling team.
- Develop a scalable process and system to improve transparency and responsiveness across the supply chain, but especially in the manufacturing facility.
- Partner with the Customer Service and Sales teams, to ensure that reliable forecasts and scenarios are developed and issues appropriately escalated to meet business objectives.
- Recommend and maintain optimal inventory levels at various stages in the supply chain in order to achieve customer satisfaction levels as well as mitigate inventory exposure.
- Maintain forecasts and manage links between systems for forecasting, master production scheduling, and inventory.
- Oversee documentation, freight carrier coordination, tracking and tracing of all inbound and outbound shipments.
- Manage 3PL, freight forwarder, and related supplier relationships including the development, negotiation and management of contracts.
- 3-5 years of experience in a Supply Chain Manager role.
- BS/BA Minimum in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Operations Research required.
- Experience using MRP / ERP systems with preference given for NetSuite expertise.
- APICS certification (CPIM or CSCP), Lean Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Previous experience in transportation as it pertains to international shipping (ocean containers) is a big plus.
- Thorough knowledge of supply chain processes and procedures including manufacturing scheduling, demand, and replenishment processes.
- Expert in MS office applications and advanced planning applications.
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation plus bonus potential based on company performance, an extensive benefits package including healthcare insurance and 401K plan along with future growth opportunities within the company.
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.