Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Interior Architects
IA Interior Architects translates client goals, brand and culture into powerful environments built around people, processes, technologies and business drivers. Our clients in diverse markets worldwide require high-performance, visually compelling and sustainable environments to move their enterprise forward, support their culture, engage their staff, integrate technology and drive efficiencies. As architects, designers, workplace strategists and environmental specialists in the largest global architecture firm concentrating exclusively on interiors, we help clients articulate and align their business strategies and core values with the dynamic use of space.
Our team members are collaborative, creative, professional, expert and entrepreneurial. Joining our team requires skill, daring, leadership, teaming, humor and a love of interiors. We are presently searching for a full-time Project Manager in the Raleigh office. The Project Manager assumes full responsibility for planning, coordinating and administering workplace design projects.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Manages small and medium sized projects to completion, including work performed by internal and external resources
- Coordinates engineering work to ensure compliance with design concept
- Coordinates project teams to ensure timely completion of documents
- Works with design and technical teams to shape and understand the design concepts
- Present and gains approval of concepts to the client
- Establishes and ensures adherence to set budget
- Immediately informs Sr. PM or Project Director and/or client of any potential variances to the budget and makes appropriate modifications
- Manages collections for assigned projects
- Immediately informs Finance Manager if there is an issue with timely collections. Discusses untimely payments with client to secure commitment to pay
- Identifies and pursues new business opportunities with existing and potential clients
- Assign tasks, oversee work and provide feedback to staff assign to project
- Develops skills of staff for future projects
- Manages overall client relationship from initial assessment of client needs, through design concept presentations and final delivery of project. Ensure positive relationships resulting in additional business or referred work
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of architecture or design: equivalent experience may be substituted
- 8+ years’ experience producing design projects
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of materials, furnishings and construction methods related to interior architecture - workplace design
- Extensive knowledge of building systems, codes and ADA requirements
- Corporate interiors experience is strongly preferred
- Proven ability to write and negotiate contracts for services, consultants and contractors
- Proven ability to solve contract and administration issues within the established design context
- Intermediate MS Office Suite skills
- Intermediate Revit skills
- Intermediate Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Affinity Program skills or equivalent
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced presentation and graphic communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally with all levels of staff
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead all levels of staff through a combination of direct authority and subject matter expertise
For the majority of the time the Project Manager will be sitting in an office with limited physical requirements. This may require individuals to bend, stretch, twist and reach. On occasion individuals will be required to visit a client site to perform site verifications and field surveys. The position is not subject to occupational and safety risks.
Interior Architects, Inc. (IA) provides equal opportunity in all aspects of recruitment and employment to all persons without regard to their race, color, creed, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital status, nationality, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service member and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunities.