Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Homeland Security Research Engineer II / Scientist II
ThisScientist II position is a junior-level opportunity in Jacobs Technology Group'sgrowing Government Operations Directorate based in Research Triangle Park, NC.The employee will have exposure to multiple projects supporting Jacobs'Research Laboratory Support (RLS) contract at the US EPA's Office of Researchand Development laboratories in Research Triangle Park, NC. This contractprovides on-site support to EPA's National Risk Management ResearchLaboratory's Air and Energy Management Division and the National HomelandSecurity Research Center's Decontamination Consequence Management Division. Theemployee will be responsible for lab work, fieldwork, data processing andpresentation.
- Performing applied scientific activities relative to the research, design and development of lab and field projects.
- Reviewing and evaluating analysis data concerning the needs, requirements, and operation for (test) project design and support.
· Preparing technical reports,procedures, and proposals. Making recommendations regarding changes andrevisions to task leader
· Developing, implementing, and managing environmental andbiochemical decontamination techniques research projects
· Conducting hands-on bench-scale and pilot-scale experiments
· Developing test protocols, and Standard OperatingProcedures (SOPs)
Preparing reports to document experimentalprocedures and findings
- BS in Chemical/Mechanical/Environmental Engineering or other scientific discipline with two years' experience in a laboratory setting
- Proficiency in the MS Office platform
- Valid driver's license
- Experience in running prototype lab-scale/bench-scale experimental apparatus and systems
Additionalconsideration given for:Experience on sampling and decontamination methods,which include pesticides, chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclearterrorism threats.