Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Jacobs serves the PharmaBio, Chemicals, Refining, Pulp & Paper, Power & Utilities, High Tech and Consumer Products Industries. Our core life sciences network has contributed to becoming the largest provider of engineering and construction services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients and we have established ourselves as the center of excellence for Pulp and Paper facilities. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, and construction management services for both new and existing facilities, offering environmental and water / wastewater support, energy audits, and hygienic / sanitary assessments. For projects of every scale we provide design, engineering, construction, commissioning, and maintenance services that support a facility's entire life cycle.
Our team is experiencing exciting growth within our established practice and we have a need for an experienced Construction Project Manager to join our team.
- Support the project oversight team, provide engineering review and evaluation of technical issues that arise on a daily basis.
- Provide brief review of related design, construction and quality management questions, e.g. RFIs, DCNs, and NCRs issued by the PPP DBOM project team.
- When review uncovers non-compliances, questionable documentation, inappropriate judgment or incomplete documentation, assist with and provide more detailed review of the related documentation to assess compliance of contractor's process. Become involved in raising awareness and resolving issues uncovered by the oversight team.
- Provide and chair weekly forum for internal quality focus group that allows oversight field team members to bring up and discuss project quality management issues and concerns. Primary focus of group is to collectively offer, develop and implement strategies to improve the overall quality management of the project.
- Attend and participate in biweekly internal Owner project Construction status meetings.
- Attend and participate monthly internal Owner project Design status meetings.
- Attend weekly and provide senior review and support to Owner's oversight team at the contractor's weekly Quality Task Force meeting.
- Help evaluate the contractor's effectiveness in quality management, periodically attend and participate in various contractor quality management meetings, including Readiness Review, Initial Inspections, Completion Inspections, Punchlist Inspections, etc.
- Perform as lead engineer providing engineering judgment and discernment for daily design and construction issues. As needed, manage involvement from other design and construction oversight staff to assist in reviewing and resolving structural engineering issues that arise.
- Be available and perform as technical adviser to office and field staff to assist in answering technical design and construction questions and assist in developing strategies to resolve field related construction issues.
- Use understanding and knowledge of the Design-Build processes, the Project's Concession Agreement and other contract documents to offer discussion points and arguments that defend Owner's best interest.
- Be the trusted adviser to Owner and the contractor, while being prepared to champion, advocate, and fight for the level of quality contracted and paid for by the Owner. Ask lots of probing questions of the Contractor.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering is preferred
- At least 10 years of previous construction management experience e is required
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills is required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.