Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tower Technician II
Jacobs Telecommunication hasbeen at the forefront of creating a new generation of wireless communicationinfrastructure for over 40 years. We specialize in network development –complete telecom life cycle solutions, which has ranked us as the #1 Design Firm2018 in Engineering News-Record. While the wireless world is ever changing, thedemand for innovative technology and long-term support services remainsconstant. These services include site acquisition, design and construction, tofull operations, maintenance, and deconstruction.
- Assist Crew Lead to ensure quality service to clients.
- Must maintain and enforce the Jacobs Beyond Zero safety program, ensure daily jobsite safety plans are reviewed and followed. Immediately stops work when unsafe work practices or conditions exist.
- Installation/De-installation of transmission lines, connectors, antenna and accessories.
- Work effectively both individually and with other crew members.
- Handle transportation of equipment.
- Travel up to 100%
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
POSITION FOR THE CAROLINAS MARKET
- Current ComTrain or equivalent certification in Tower Climbing Safety and Rescue required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a tower climber required.
- Willingness to work in hot and cold weather conditions for long periods of time required
- Capable of being entrusted with company assets and confidential information required
- Demonstrate knowledge of OSHA safety guidelines and practical use of these guidelines as well as all other applicable safety laws and policies.
- Basic troubleshooting experience preferred
- Technical knowledge of wireless telecommunications products preferred
- Willingness to take on and learn new tasks, as needed.
- Ability to multi-task in a demanding environment.
- Experience in tower-rigging preferred
- Must be able to work overtime to include Saturday, Sundays and evening hours.
- Associates or Technical School preferred
- Military communications, electronics troubleshooting, fiber optics or other related construction experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Anritsu and/or PIM testing preferred.
- CPR/First Aid Certification preferred.
- Fiber, Commscope connectors and/or equivalent Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft a plus.
Essential Functions: Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Hand manipulation is required for grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, as well as below the shoulder for same. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.