Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Web Services - API Developer
The Web Services and APIDeveloper will provide on-site support to the customer in delivering web-baseddashboards that allow decision makers access to actionable information aboutchemicals in order to meet specific customer needs. The dashboards consolidateinformation from disparate sources as collections of flexible, visual widgets,where individual widgets synthesize information according to user specifications.Widgets will then be combined into user-specific dashboards, where userpartners can customize the information displayed to support diversedecision-making tasks. This role will have overalltechnical responsibility for the design, configuration, and implementation ofmultiple web services and APIs using RESTful design principles that will beself-documenting and self-discoverable. TheWeb Services and API Developer will develop these APIs and web services in a modulararchitecture format to permit existing modules to be re-used across multipleapplication implementations and will document the design and implementationtechniques/strategies in the client's instance of Atlassian Confluence. The use of such a customizable,re-usable framework will allow information from multiple sources to be recombinedinto comprehensive profiles according to programmatic needs of the client. The Web Services and API Developer will be expected to workcollaboratively and effectively with client staff and contractors, and they willbe required to broker communications between client parties for multiple datasources to develop the required web services and APIs required for theweb-based dashboards.
Specifically, the Web Servicesand API Developer will:
1. Willsupport existing web applications and support the customer with respect toback-end design, architecture, and documentation;
2. Drive thedesign and implement updates and additions to existing web services ensuringproper design, structure and frameworks;
3. Embed inthe application development teams and focus on the design and documentation ofWeb Services and APIs;
4. Assist inthe preparation of specifications and other activities requiring knowledge of WebServices and API principles and techniques;
5. Interpretrequirements and perform analyses to ensure that objectives are met;
6. Collaboratewith developers at all levels and disciplines; and
7. Perform other duties asrequired.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.
Seeking an experienced Web Services and API developer tosupport the work of the EPA's National Center for Computational Toxicology(NCCT).
The successful candidate willpossess the following minimum requirements:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer InformationSystems, Computer Engineering or closely related field of study and five (5)years of documented, progressive software engineering work experience, ORMaster's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, ComputerEngineering, or closely related field of study and four (4) years ofdocumented, progressive software engineering work experience.
· Hands-on experience in designing and developinghigh-volume web services using API Protocols and Data Formats (REST, JSON, SOAPand XML).
· Experience developing in an agile environmentwith tools like JIRA, Confluence, etc.
· Experience with CI process and build tools likeGitHub, Jenkins, Maven.
· Create software test plans following Test-DrivenDevelopment standards.
· Knowledge of (SDLC) software methodologies(e.g., SCRUM/Agile, Waterfall); Agile development is preferred
· Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
· Abilityto conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of theart computer hardware and software and its ability to support specificrequirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
· Excellent written and oral communications skills.
· Ability to work in a highly collaborativeenvironment, highly integrated work team on multiple projects simultaneously.
· Ability to work on-site Monday through Fridaysduring normal business hours (8:00 am – 5:00 pm) at client facilities locatedat RTP, NC.
· Ability to pass a background investigation anda drug test.