JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CMMS Administrator in Durham, NC at JLL
at JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
CMMS Operations Technician
JLL is hiring a CMMS Operations Technician to Support Amazon’s State-of-the-art distribution center in Durham, NC
Are you looking for your next challenge, great pay, industry leading benefits, and outstanding career progression? Then get ready to join the JLL team, supporting Amazon’s distribution centers! We provide facility management, automation, and maintenance services in distribution centers across the U.S and Canada.
Our teams of JLL technicians, facilities managers, and administrators work together to keep fulfillment center machinery running smoothly while upholding a safe environment where all employees can thrive. As we continue to grow, our JLL facilities teams need capable people ready to keep buildings and equipment in safe working order. We have over 1,000 technicians and are planning to add 500 more skilled workers this year. If you're looking for a career that will provide a fast-paced work environment, ability to grow your career and the chance to learn from the best in the industry, then we’re looking for people like you!
The CMMS Operations Technician will be responsible for actively working with the network Facilities staff and local site Facilities teams & OEM’s to identify appropriate levels of min and max material inventory levels, organize logical parts identification and storage, regularly audit these levels and interact with external vendors and internal procurement personnel.
- A thorough knowledge of maintenance activities and expertise in computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS), specifically inventory management/control and preventive maintenance scheduling
- Ability to prioritize, schedule, and logistically support multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Skilled trade training or equivalent technical expertise
- Ambitious; wants to join a support team as a CMMS Admin and grow with the company.
- Entry of requisition requests in the procurement system, as well as tracking available funds in maintenance blanket purchase orders.
- Scheduling preventive maintenance activities through a common, network-wide CMMS and may also help with floor activities as needed.
- Providing training to the Facilities team so that each tech understands and is able to utilize the tool.
- Interacting with other similar roles in the network to share best practices, lessons learned, and even plan and setup central network parts storage where value-added.
- Match completed work orders to invoices for accounts payable
- Update the Facilities budget tracker
- Cross-reference equipment manufacturer’s part numbers with vendor part/item numbers
- Setup bins for parts storage when appropriate
- Coordinate emergency repairs with external vendors, management, & purchasing
- Create reports for the FM and maintain visual management charts dealing with: PM completion, budget performance, downtime, labor tracking, and others
- Own the organizing and maintaining of purchase orders, work requests and associated files
- Promote and conduct good housekeeping practices
- Possibly function as floor support for absenteeism and vacation support
- Ensure and drive best practices standardization across all Facilities departments at all sites
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Flexibility with hours and days (the operation will potentially be running 20 hours a day, 7 days a week, including some holidays)
- 5+ years of related experience in a maintenance distribution or manufacturing environment
- Experience communicating to peers, hourly associates, and senior management regarding maintenance, inventory, and cost control
- Mentorship experience
- Experience developing and implementing department goals and strategies based on broader organization goals
- Computer skills
- Travel up to 10%
- A working knowledge of the Oracle
- Prefer maintenance skilled trade training or equivalent experience
- Prefer experience working with hourly employees as well as exempt personnel
- Excellent organizational, filing, and recordkeeping skills
- Self-starter and a proven ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
- Desire to help build a PM & material process in a dynamic, fast-growing environment
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability
- Repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking
- Lifting parts and tools weighing on average 20 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 80 pounds
- Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals) manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
OPERATION SUPPORT AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Promoting and conduct good housekeeping practices
- Flexibility with work hours and days. (7 days a week operation, including holidays)
- Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer focused manner.
- Must be highly self-motivated.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jl..com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.