JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Plumber / Maintenance Technician in Durham, NC at JLL
at JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
Maintenance and Operations
- Oversees operation, repair, P.M. and install new piping and valves relating to building steam and water piping/plumbing systems; determine frequency of repair and/or P.M. of systems.
- Understands the engineering design and operational aspects of the building and critical support systems and components. Must be able to immediately recognize system shortcomings, troubleshoot and respond to operational and emergency situations.
- Monitors operation and maintains heating and cooling valves, water cooling equipment; boilers under a certain pressure not maintained by Boiler Operators, heating and hot water equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters.
- Position will be called upon to review logs to ensure proper operation of equipment; responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions on an as need basis.
- Checks malfunctioning equipment and ascertains corrective action required to restore to satisfactory operating condition.
- Work with the client to schedule equipment to be taken off line so that preventative maintenance can be performed with minimal impact to the end users. This position requires the ability to analyze the operation of the various systems, determine the cause of any problem / malfunctions and takes corrective action as required.
- Confers/communicates with work order requestors.
- Coordinates with client representatives to understand their needs and ensure the work scheduled takes into account the operational windows for repair.
- Ensure that work is performed efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience. Track completion rate and outstanding work orders. Drive team efficiency and provide oversight and support as needed.
- Prioritize all PM’s, corrective and emergent work orders for the site (annual, monthly, weekly, and daily). Schedule and assign work to individuals with the assistance of the work order clerk and scheduler/planner.
- Interface with projects to ensure the right resources from the Facilities Operations Team are consulted and informed. Directs the performance of contracted maintenance work as needed. Specific tasks include but are not limited to: insuring the timely performance of maintenance contract work, overseeing the fulfillment of equipment warrantee obligations by the installer and securing equipment manuals and drawings from the installers/contractors. Safety/EHS Compliance
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment. Identifies and remediates all Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) issues as they arise. Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Complete all assigned JLL and Client required training and complies with the established training standards at all times.
- Recommends and estimates facilities repairs and improvements for inclusion in the annual budget.
- Reviews and submit all purchase requisitions completed for the facility.
- Assures all Goods Receipting is performed in a timely manner.
- Ensures the availability of an adequate inventory of tools and other supplies to operate the building. Specific duties include but are not limited to: preparing and submitting purchase orders requests, developing sources for stock materials and performing periodic checks of inventory levels and equipment conditions.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in bio medical facility with extensive history of experience with RODI, lab waste drains, pH water treatment, lab air, auto claves, cage washers, steam traps, heat exchangers, control valves.
- Exposure to piping/plumbing systems, mechanical systems, and boiler controls/operation
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports. Leads by example. Manages competing priorities well. Ability to analyze and make decisions based on broad range of data.
- Must be proficient in basic computer application software such as MS Office, Outlook, DataStream, etc.
Must be able to lift 50lb
Overhead work / working at heights require
Able to safely bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, push, pull, turn with body and/or arms and/or hands in order to perform the functions of the job
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at email@example.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.